Upgrade time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magicmerve

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on my next bike and hoping you can help.

I currently you have a whyte 801 2012 hardtail. Its a great bike and I've had fun with it, but it's time to upgrade as riding it just isn't as fun anymore.

I bike 3 to 4 times a week along country roads with bridle ways / woodland areas that have some nice big hill's. I'm looking for a 27.5 wheel with a light frame and ideally no more gears than 20.

I'm open to all suggestions from hardtail to full sus, any brand (although I have a huge soft spot for orange), from buying a full bike to a frame then adding as I go. If I build it myself then advice on some decent forks would be awesome. I am a big Hope fan (more on that below) so their hubs would my choice if I built my own.

The only thing I won't budge on is brakes. I'm 6ft and 19st. The best thing I've found to work are Hope. I know there are lots of different brakes that would match Hope, but it's a personal choice and I already have a back brake (160mm) which I love.

I have £1500 as a budget. I'm not expecting anything that will blow my mind, just the best bang for my buck. Anyway if anyone can offer any options that would be great.

Cheers

Magic

Top Bottom