Upgrade time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magicmerve

Guru
Location
Hampshire
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on my next bike and hoping you can help.

I currently you have a whyte 801 2012 hardtail. Its a great bike and I've had fun with it, but it's time to upgrade as riding it just isn't as fun anymore.

I bike 3 to 4 times a week along country roads with bridle ways / woodland areas that have some nice big hill's. I'm looking for a 27.5 wheel with a light frame and ideally no more gears than 20.

I'm open to all suggestions from hardtail to full sus, any brand (although I have a huge soft spot for orange), from buying a full bike to a frame then adding as I go. If I build it myself then advice on some decent forks would be awesome. I am a big Hope fan (more on that below) so their hubs would my choice if I built my own.

The only thing I won't budge on is brakes. I'm 6ft and 19st. The best thing I've found to work are Hope. I know there are lots of different brakes that would match Hope, but it's a personal choice and I already have a back brake (160mm) which I love.

I have £1500 as a budget. I'm not expecting anything that will blow my mind, just the best bang for my buck. Anyway if anyone can offer any options that would be great.

Cheers

Magic
 
Top Bottom