Upgrading components on a 531 frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Thanks for the compliments!!!!

porkypete, I did remember your post when I bought the stem :biggrin: the stem wasn't part of the initial plan but there you go.

The bike might look fast and it might even be fast BUT the rider is too old to go any fast ;)

I just did a 20 mile ride and it felt really good going down a gear or two then standing on the pedals to push a bit faster..... that is one of the main reasons I wanted to move on from downtube shifters..... I could do that in my MTB but I never go used to doing that on my road bike. Perhaps the most important reason was changing to an easier gear while climbing a hill - I never got used to it with the downtube shifters.

In the last 5 miles I found the cable to the FD stretched a bit as the chain would not go up to the big chainring.... so I'll be adjusting that later on. No other issues so far apart from considering lacing the team pro too.... I laced the B17 and I'm very pleased with the results..... I do not like the idea of tightening the nut.... I think lacing is more effective anyway.

Top Bottom