Urgent dissertation help - Deliveroo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mic123456

A desperate plea for Dissertation help!

Hello,

I am a final year geography undergraduate at the University of Bristol writing my 13,000-word dissertation on the gig-economy’s contribution to cities, viewed through the lens of Deliveroo.

The dissertation itself will look at the expanding global gig-economy and the new opportunities it brings with it both for its employees and the urban landscape. I am hoping to gauge what on-demand platforms, such as Deliveroo, enable their employees to do especially with regards to their autonomy.

I would really appreciate to hear any views on this topic. If it is possible at all to arrange a short interview (through the comments, over the phone or via email) I would be incredibly grateful. ALL VIEWS ARE WHOLLY ANONYMOUS

If you have any questions about my dissertation or research methods please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,
Micky

irw

Quadricyclist
In my experience, these companies seem to enable most of their representatives to ride without any consideration to the rules of the road.

What you are asking for isn't very clear- maybe you could give us some examples of the sort of things you are expecting people to say? What have you already found out for this dissertation in relation to the question?

OP
OP
M

mic123456

Thanks for your response. I have attached the consent form that better outlines the project & what I'm looking for. I'm mainly interested in how people use the service as an employment form- is it viable full-time or is it much more appropriate just as over-/part-time (due to the physical exertion of cycling, lack of minimum wage protection etc). I'm also very interested in how this form of gig-economy work intersects with others, namely to maximise employee efficiency (i.e they may work for both UberEats & Deliveroo in order to ensure maximum orders etc). I hope this sets it out clearer

Attachments

• Consent Form .docx
    221.8 KB · Views: 85
Thanks for your response. I have attached the consent form that better outlines the project & what I'm looking for. I'm mainly interested in how people use the service as an employment form- is it viable full-time or is it much more appropriate just as over-/part-time (due to the physical exertion of cycling, lack of minimum wage protection etc). I'm also very interested in how this form of gig-economy work intersects with others, namely to maximise employee efficiency (i.e they may work for both UberEats & Deliveroo in order to ensure maximum orders etc). I hope this sets it out clearer
A desperate plea for Dissertation help!

Hello,

I am a final year geography undergraduate at the University of Bristol writing my 13,000-word dissertation on the gig-economy’s contribution to cities, viewed through the lens of Deliveroo.

The dissertation itself will look at the expanding global gig-economy and the new opportunities it brings with it both for its employees and the urban landscape. I am hoping to gauge what on-demand platforms, such as Deliveroo, enable their employees to do especially with regards to their autonomy.

I would really appreciate to hear any views on this topic. If it is possible at all to arrange a short interview (through the comments, over the phone or via email) I would be incredibly grateful. ALL VIEWS ARE WHOLLY ANONYMOUS

If you have any questions about my dissertation or research methods please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,
Micky
Hi Micky,
Did you have any luck with finding respondents for your dissertation? I'm sort of in the same boat, and would appreciate if you could give me any advise.

Best,
ELias

Top Bottom