Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
He really didn't need that, since he said they showed the change as he incremented by 100g each time.

But he was talking about it differing by more than 100g just by the way you stood on scales. Thus you needed to know exactly how far apart the measurements were for that to agree. Cumulative doesn’t do that, they could have been a day and several meals and drinks apart. In which case you’d expect. them to vary. The time gap really was necessary to know.

Alex321

Veteran
But he was talking about it differing by more than 100g just by the way you stood on scales. Thus you needed to know exactly how far apart the measurements were for that to agree. Cumulative doesn’t do that, they could have been a day and several meals and drinks apart. In which case you’d expect. them to vary. The time gap really was necessary to know.

You didn't actually fully read the post or the graph then?

While he started by talking about the way you stand on the scales, he then went on to illustrate inaccuracy by talking about his Salter Kitchen scales - as should have been clear from the fact that the top end shown on the graph is only about 6Kg.

presta

Guru

No, what I said is that if I change my weight distribution, the reading can change by as much as 1kg, and that means changing weight distribution, and not sundry other things as well. One of the most basic principles of a scientific experiment that there is is to change one variable at a time if at all possible.
1711470723460.png

Then in a separate comment I referred to the plot which shows the effect of incrementally increasing the weight on the scale 100g at a time, again without defeating the whole point of the measurement by varying other things whilst I'm doing it.

There's another principle that applies in science: if there's a sensible way to interpret what someone says, and a silly way, you generally start with the sensible way first.

winjim

Smash the cistern
What I get from the graph is that the scales don't have the ability to reliably resolve a wee of a couple of hundred ml, and also that the calibration has gone slightly out of whack over a two year period. I don't know what claims the manufacturer make, or are even allowed to make regarding accuracy and precision but I wouldn't trust them to give me a reading better than the nearest kg, or couple of lb. If you wanted to do this sort of thing at home you'd be better off using a plastic bottle and a kitchen balance.

Gwylan

Veteran
Hey, I live in rural France :laugh:

It's not a common place sight but it is certainly not rare. Maybe I've become desensitized but I don't really have an issue with it. And of course, I've done it myself often enough when out cycling. I do find a discrete spot though, not that there's anything other around here.

As mentioned upthead, context is everything. Taking a dump in Worthing high street (whatever you think of Worthing) no, not on. But a pee into the hedgerow on the B-whatever to the aptly named Little Piddle, no probs.

Well there is a widely held view among the ex-pat community that alongside the road Frenchmen turn their backs to the traffic whilst Belgians like to turn and watch the cars going past.

AndyRM

XOXO
I had one in what I thought was a quiet secluded spot yesterday, while out walking my mutt. His constantly cocking his leg up to pee every minute brought on my urge. After peeing an absolute fountain, then putting Percy back into his pocket a woman I'd said hello to previously on our walk walked by. Imagine if she'd walked by a few seconds earlier I thought.:unsure: 🧐

Not paying your TV license, dog fighting, and now this?

If you're prepared to admit to these relatively low level crimes on here, what aren't you telling us?!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
if there's a sensible way to interpret what someone says, and a silly way, you generally start with the sensible way first.
Speak for yourself.

I find the silly way is generally better.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had one yesterday in a back alley in Accrington town centre. As I started the flow, the heavens opened with a hailstone shower. One advantage of wearing a wide brimmed fedora in such weather is that the wide brim stops the hailstones hitting Percy as you pee! 🧐

Alex321

Veteran
If anybody was watching the live coverage of the women's Dwars door Vlanderen race on discovery+ yesterday, the race got stopped for a period due to an accident on the road ahead, and a large portion of the peleton went off to the side for a "nature break".

The camera (naturally and rightly) did not linger over the area they were using, but did pan across a couple of times with some bare backsides seen as shorts were pulled back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom