Urinating in public yes/no ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Before more sophisticated testing methods became available, the doctor would use a "taste test" to determine whether there was glucose in urine.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think it's the ketones but A level biology was a while back so I could be wrong.
Ketones will give your urine a sweet smell. A number of metabolic conditions will give you strange smelling urine. Maple syrup urine disease is the obvious one. Isovaleric acidaemia gives you the smell of sweaty feet and trimethylaminuria the odour of rotting fish.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Obviously its not very nice but if someone is desperate to go to the toilet and there aren't any then what are people supposed to do exactly? wet themselves or soil themselves in public?
Its a national scandal the lack of public loos. At the best this can cause discomfort etc but if someone is disabled or a child or elderly then this can stop them from going places etc and effect them negatively. Something needs to be done about the problem as shops etc don't have enough loos if any and bars don't like you using the loos unless you are a customer.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Obviously its not very nice but if someone is desperate to go to the toilet and there aren't any then what are people supposed to do exactly? wet themselves or soil themselves in public?
Its a national scandal the lack of public loos. At the best this can cause discomfort etc but if someone is disabled or a child or elderly then this can stop them from going places etc and effect them negatively. Something needs to be done about the problem as shops etc don't have enough loos if any and bars don't like you using the loos unless you are a customer.
You can sneak into any busy pub for a pee. If it isn't busy, buy a bag of crisps.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
You can sneak into any busy pub for a pee. If it isn't busy, buy a bag of crisps.
Yes you can but some of them really don't like it and will have a go at you. Near me there's a pub next to a market square. There's boards on the front of the pub saying people cannot use the toilets unless they are a customer.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There's an excellent chain of toilets around the country called McDonald's. Some people say that they even serve food.
I wouldn't do it in an independent shop but I have no problem going into any of the big fast food chains just to use the bogs. If anyone working there cares to challenge me then I think they might be taking their job a bit too seriously, or at least their manager might be. And I am a customer. Maybe not at that specific branch at that specific time but I do drink a lot of Costa coffee. McDonalds owe me for all the times I've eaten there and not used the toilet and if Starbucks paid their taxes then we might be able to afford to keep proper public toilets open and accessible to everybody.

Top Bottom