Urinating in public yes/no ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Back to my FNRttC example, why is it that on any of the routes south from the Wellington Arch, so many would need to step behind a tree at Clapham Common?
Less than 4 miles into the ride!!! That the first three of the military's 7 Ps.

Personally I wouldn't use a park, and never a cemetery.
It's never been enough of an emergency that I couldn't reach facilities or a more rural/remote location.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
And despite his many achievements (and being a decent guy), I remember (from wiki)

On Stage 16, Dumoulin experienced stomach problems and had to take a comfort break at the foot of the Umbrail Pass; none of the other contenders waited for Dumoulin

May well be remembered best for that.

Doesn't remotely compare with Gary Linekars on-pitch crapping accident. :stop:

I don't recall women members of my cycling group stopping for an al fresco pee, although our regular rides are designed to avoid the need.
Same here.

But I do know a couple of female ex-ultra runners who happily pee behind hedges when we're on [non-club] rides, and I know a few audaxing laydeez who say they're comfortable to do it. I'd almost be bold enough to say that the variation amongst women is as wide as amongst the less-fair sex ...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
One of the posts reminded me of a very unfortunate friend many years ago. He'd moved over to Leeds so I hadn't seen him for a good while, then one day I saw him back in Lancaster; leg in plaster to the hip, arm in plaster, shoulder in plaster, a crutch plastered into the arm cast... pretty much half his body in plaster :eek:

WTF happened to you? I asked. Apparently, a week before the accident, one of his mates had been arrested for peeing in public in the town centre, so my friend thought it would be wise to hop over a wall and pee discreetly... only to find a very long drop on the other side! :B)

yello

There probably isn’t a sign saying “DO NOT PUSH VICARS OR PRIESTS INTO THE GRAVE DURING BURIALS” either, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

Reminds me of the sign that purportedly reads 'Do not thrown stones at this sign'

It is a shame though (and I don't aim this at accy) that people need to be reminded of something that really ought be, um, common sense? Respect? I dunno, call it what you will. And, yes, I know you can ask 'where do you draw the line?' so I guess that's the problem with trying to codify decent behaviour, it can result in pedantry! :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There probably isn’t a sign saying “DO NOT PUSH VICARS OR PRIESTS INTO THE GRAVE DURING BURIALS” either, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.
Not relevant to this discussion but our local Church of Scotland minister had Parkinson’s and shook and staggered quite a bit tho’ still working and well liked and respected.
At funerals it got so bad the undertaker had 2 men beside him to hold him in case he toppled forward and latterly there was a barrier put up to keep him from falling into the open grave.
Further off topic but some yobbos sent here for holiday rehabilitation were making fun of him on the ferry. Our junior shinty team saw this and took exception. Camans can do a lot of damage.:eek:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One of the posts reminded me of a very unfortunate friend many years ago. He'd moved over to Leeds so I hadn't seen him for a good while, then one day I saw him back in Lancaster; leg in plaster to the hip, arm in plaster, shoulder in plaster, a crutch plastered into the arm cast... pretty much half his body in plaster :eek:

WTF happened to you? I asked. Apparently, a week before the accident, one of his mates had been arrested for peeing in public in the town centre, so my friend thought it would be wise to hop over a wall and pee discreetly... only to find a very long drop on the other side! :B)
I once employed somebody like that.:ohmy:

Not relevant to this discussion but our local Church of Scotland minister had Parkinson’s and shook and staggered quite a bit tho’ still working and well liked and respected.
At funerals it got so bad the undertaker had 2 men beside him to hold him in case he toppled forward and latterly there was a barrier put up to keep him from falling into the open grave.
Further off topic but some yobbos sent here for holiday rehabilitation were making fun of him on the ferry. Our junior shinty team saw this and took exception. Camans can do a lot of damage.:eek:
Two balls with one strike ....result:rolleyes:

Top Bottom