Urinating in public yes/no ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

At the end of day. Everyone needs to wee and most of us have been caught short at one time or another .
Tbh I think I have had a wee behind most of the hedges in and around Coventry as had Mrs exlaser . It’s just a case of picking the the right time and place.
It might just be because I am a dinghy sailor that this really doesn’t bother me. Sometimes your doing 4 x1 hour races with out coming on shore ( which means 5 to 6 hours on the water ) . So you will have to wee down the centreboard case 😂 and sometimes on very rare occasions I have even had to warm my wetsuit up from the inside , if you know what I mean 😂😂😂😂😂😀

I'm probably the same, i know a lot of of the good places for a pitstop around Coventry, when I was doing longer rides than I do now all my regular routes had places on them which I knew were good for a pitstop.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It may be true that lorry drivers can or do pee against the wheels of their wagons. Unfortunately many of them (wishing for more privacy perhaps?) pee into bottles inside their cabs. Even more unfortunately, they then tend to simply fling the bottle out of the window onto the verge of the layby they’re parked in.

One half expects lay-bys popular with wagon drivers to smell a bit pissy, especially after a prolonged dry spell. A rainy day solves the problem.

But the plastic bottles will stay there pretty much for ever - or until some unfortunate person has to pick them up.

One also typically finds large amounts of used toilet paper in the bushes near such lay-bys. Fortunately the reason the paper was used has usually disappeared, but still…. How hard can it be to kick a hole in the ground with your shoe before you begin and… bury all the evidence?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My workshop was near a pub and had a large open area on one side about 10ft wide. I had to put a large high gate across to stop punters coming out of the pub getting in and it had to be locked at night. Cost me £700 to stop the b----ds stinking the place out.
It had to have sharp points on top to stop them climbing over, as well as barbed wire.😠

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
My workshop was near a pub and had a large open area on one side about 10ft wide. I had to put a large high gate across to stop punters coming out of the pub getting in and it had to be locked at night. Cost me £700 to stop the b----ds stinking the place out.
It had to have sharp points on top to stop them climbing over, as well as barbed wire.😠
There's a line in there somewhere, were I a finer mind, about using pricks to prevent pricks wanting to use their pricks.

And despite his many achievements (and being a decent guy), I remember (from wiki)

On Stage 16, Dumoulin experienced stomach problems and had to take a comfort break at the foot of the Umbrail Pass; none of the other contenders waited for Dumoulin

May well be remembered best for that.
And why do you think this incident will be remembered? (you might want to consider this is a thread about urinating - and isn't a thread about pro-cycling - in your answer ;-) )

Chief Broom

Veteran
Heres an example on Scotlands turd strewn urine soaked 'NC500'
Im sat at Loch Fleet a nature reserve when about 20 wannabe hells angels pull up in the car park. Their last stop must have been the pub as they've all full bladders....one of them starts urinating in full view of woman/children/tourist etc the rest of the neanderthals follow suit so to prove what outrageous 'outlaws' they are......Pathetic, just a bunch of cowards trying to ingratiate themselves amongst the rest of the arse holes....

a.twiddler

Veteran
Curiously, since I acquired a collapsible pee bottle to take on longer trips I've never had to use it. It must be like carrying a magic umbrella to ward off the rain. It only rains when you forget to bring it.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I wouldn't pee in the middle of a town, as there is normally an alternative, pub, cafe, department store etc. but see no issue whatsoever if you are out in the countryside and discrete about it. If you are doing a long walk cycle ride its almost a necessity.

As for @vickster's assertion that women don't, my OH and her mate have been known to and I have cycled pass a couple of other female cyclists having a discrete countryside pee. Its pretty normal behaviour.

Last edited:
Curiously, since I acquired a collapsible pee bottle to take on longer trips I've never had to use it. It must be like carrying a magic umbrella to ward off the rain. It only rains when you forget to bring it.
am intrigued - where did you plan to use this? When camping?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Heres an example on Scotlands turd strewn urine soaked 'NC500'
Im sat at Loch Fleet a nature reserve when about 20 wannabe hells angels pull up in the car park. Their last stop must have been the pub as they've all full bladders....one of them starts urinating in full view of woman/children/tourist etc the rest of the neanderthals follow suit so to prove what outrageous 'outlaws' they are......Pathetic, just a bunch of cowards trying to ingratiate themselves amongst the rest of the arse holes....
Parts of Mull eg places like Croggan where there are lots of free campers this last couple of years are reported to be like an open sewer by one resident who has to keep his dog on a lead when outside to avoid it rolling in human waste.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would pee in the middle of a town, as there is normally an alternative, pub, cafe, department store etc. but see no issue whatsoever if you are out in the countryside and discrete about it. If you are doing a long walk cycle ride its almost a necessity.

As for @vickster's assertion that women don't, my OH and her mate have been known to and I have cycled pass a couple of other female cyclists having a discrete countryside pee. Its pretty normal behaviour.
isn’t the OP about a bloke who got fined for public urination in Warrington, there was no link, but presumably he wasn’t having a discrete pee in the middle of nowhere?

Presumably you mean you wouldn’t pee in a town?

I said the women I know don’t urinate in public, nor do I regardless of how far I cycle, I would always find a pub, cafe, public loo. Granted I’ve never cycled where there is nothing for say 20 miles or more or the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

I don't recall women members of my cycling group stopping for an al fresco pee, although our regular rides are designed to avoid the need.

One woman who does stop is @ColinJ's friend Carrie.

As a strong cyclist, I've seen her barrel off the front of the ride to avoid the need for the rest of us to stop, or she's strong enough to drop off the back and catch us up.

a.twiddler

Veteran
am intrigued - where did you plan to use this? When camping?
Fits in a pannier pocket. I also have a cape. Probably less obvious to use a bottle in some circumstances (definitely not for urban use). Easy to empty a bottle down a convenient grid later. Just gives a few more options and peace of mind.

Top Bottom