Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There isn't a sign up in either saying it's not allowed, so I'll take it that it is allowed.:whistle:
A graveyard is one place it shouldn't be done, sign or no sign.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Was urine not an essential part of the tanning industry? As I recall it was also used in the waulking of Harris Tweed cloth.
Terry Pratchett in some of his books has a very rich character nicknamed 'The king of the golden river" as all urine in Ankmorpork was collected by him and used for all sorts of purposes.

I'm one very rich lady in this case :rolleyes:

I think cemeteries are rather disrespectful

places in a town centre are a problem because other people may use it as well and it ends up rather smelly and people need to live/work there

open air and away from any of the above seems OK to me

I do remember being a member of a sailing club at one point and getting a taxi home was often a problem on a Friday night - so I walked home - only took an hour and a half!!!:eek:

I generally stopped for a wee behind a large brick notice for a brick quarry - I don;t think I was the only one but it was 1 mile from anywhere so - whatever

This has been available for some time for women who need to pee when caught short.

https://www.shewee.com/
I seem to recall seeing a programme that said that the Army was investing in a lot of them

apparently there was a major problem where female soldiers that needed a 'pee stop' in combat areas would have to prepare at teh start of the day but applying camoflage 'stuff' to their backside so if the stopped for a wee they didn;t show a bright white bum which was easily seen
- clearly this was race specific
but the 'shewee' was a solution to a serious and life threatening problem

Exlaser2

Veteran
At the end of day. Everyone needs to wee and most of us have been caught short at one time or another .
Tbh I think I have had a wee behind most of the hedges in and around Coventry as had Mrs exlaser . It’s just a case of picking the the right time and place.
It might just be because I am a dinghy sailor that this really doesn’t bother me. Sometimes your doing 4 x1 hour races with out coming on shore ( which means 5 to 6 hours on the water ) . So you will have to wee down the centreboard case 😂 and sometimes on very rare occasions I have even had to warm my wetsuit up from the inside , if you know what I mean 😂😂😂😂😂😀

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I saw an interview with Stirling Moss about his sports car racing during the 1950s. The interviewer asked him what he did about having a pee.

" We wore dark overalls...."

And despite his many achievements (and being a decent guy), I remember (from wiki)

On Stage 16, Dumoulin experienced stomach problems and had to take a comfort break at the foot of the Umbrail Pass; none of the other contenders waited for Dumoulin

May well be remembered best for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Was urine not an essential part of the tanning industry? As I recall it was also used in the waulking of Harris Tweed cloth.
Terry Pratchett in some of his books has a very rich character nicknamed 'The king of the golden river" as all urine in Ankmorpork was collected by him and used for all sorts of purposes.

Hence the saying "I don't have a pot to P in", the story goes that poor families would collect the family urine in a pot to be sold to the local tannery, if you were very poor you didn't have a pot to P in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom