Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst riding through the lanes of Majorcia in a group of about 25
3 miles out of Puerto Pollensa .

There where two ladies in the group "pee stop" was shouted we all pulled over and off trotted one of the females in plain sight
squatted and got on with it.

I was a bit shocked at first. I guess when you need to go you need to go.

Last edited:
I used to do a lot of walking - often full days out - so at some point everyone would need to go whether male or female

It was just something you did - ladies tended to choose a wall or large bush and the men would all study the scenery in the opposite direction

when sailing men would just go over the side - ladies would o use a bucket and then rinse it out - again the men would keep a lookout for obstacles in the opposite direction

it's just something most humans need to do - no point in being silly about it in the middle of nowhere

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Whilst riding through the lanes of Majorcia in a group of about 25 3 miles out of Puerto Pollensa .

There where two ladies in the group "pee stop" was shout we all pulled over and off trotted one of the females in plane sight
squatted and got on with it.

I was a bit shocked at first when you need to go you need to go.

Exactly..
Whaddya want , for us to rupture our bladders??

I still have unhappy memories on being on a coach of mainly guys on an ag college trip around France.

Several time I had to call 'pee stop'

The driver would pull over in a windswept treeless layby, beside a vast acreage of just harvested wheat.

All the guys would line up to p*ss into the fresh French country air.

Where were we supposed to go??

Most of my riding and walking is out in the country, and I work outdoors, so I'm no stranger to peeing outside.

And on multiday hikes having to deal with more 'serious business' outdoors too .

You just get on with it..

There is also shortage of facilities in some parts of some towns, so now and then you do have to do 'unscheduled nature studies' in that scrubby landscaping often found around industrial estates..

Just have to be a bit sensible about it..

In town?? a 'Mc Pee' if all else fails..

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
For all the proponents of peeing outdoors, I don't think the trees like it, they have feelings too, you know.

Tail End Charlie

Au contraire mon brave .

I compost wood chip, with the nitrogenous liquid product of the urine separating composting toilet here.

The trees like the resulting mulch, very much indeed :okay:
Ok, that particular tree isn't impressed then. Or at least there's something that doesn't impress it.

Joking apart, and not too far off thread, can you elaborate on the urine separating bit please? The one where I work just has a big hole for everything.

Tail End Charlie

I seem to recall Spike Milligan telling a story of a chap using an old length of inner tube in order to go without having to leave the cosy confines of his sleeping bag.
I have a bottle for using in the middle of the night, when I'm too frightened to go outside (when camping I mean). Acts as a sort of hot water bottle afterwards aswell. Win, win. Just be careful when thirsty.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ok, that particular tree isn't impressed then. Or at least there's something that doesn't impress it.

Joking apart, and not too far off thread, can you elaborate on the urine separating bit please? The one where I work just has a big hole for everything.

It has a funnel at the front which directs the urine down a pipe to a collecting tank.
It makes for a far less smelly composting if the urea portion is diverted away from the pit, and you can use it elsewhere..

The poo and sawdust bit only smells of sawdust.

No wonder that tree looks upset.

It knows its going to suffer rot in its too acutely angled crotch and lose one of its leaders, and a big strip of bark too...

:sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have a bottle for using in the middle of the night, when I'm too frightened to go outside (when camping I mean). Acts as a sort of hot water bottle afterwards aswell. Win, win. Just be careful when thirsty.

I use a plastic pot if it's too cold or wet to go outside..

Otherwise 'peeing under the stars' is an unsung treat of camping ..

If I'm moving on the next day (usually the case) I'll just pee on the grass in the porch..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So you’re part of the reason why public spaces often stink of piss. xx( :gun:
Yet the pavements are full of dog pee and sometimes dog shoot! I can assure you that my pee doesn't smell anything as bad as dog pee and I did say that I did it in the road, not the pavement. It was also raining and the street is quite steep, so it'll have washed away easily. :hello:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I seem to recall Spike Milligan telling a story of a chap using an old length of inner tube in order to go without having to leave the cosy confines of his sleeping bag.

There was something.like this on the market for hikers a couple of years back..

Thought it was a spoof at first, but no.

My extremely lazy bf will often just pee into the porch ( of the tent) from his sleeping bag..

One of the very few times I wish I was a boy..

vickster

Legendary Member
Yet the pavements are full of dog pee and sometimes dog shoot! I can assure you that my pee doesn't smell anything as bad as dog pee and I did say that I did it in the road, not the pavement. It was also raining and the street is quite steep, so it'll have washed away easily. :hello:
Complain to your council then :okay:
Ask their views on you peeing in their parks and cemeteries :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom