Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
So you’re part of the reason why public spaces often stink of piss. xx( :gun:

Have you thought about taking an empty bottle with you if it happens often, using it and taking your urine home to just tip down the loo.:rolleyes: The advantage of being male and equipped with a built in hosepipe :whistle:

(or are you just trolling for a reaction :wacko:)
It's Accy, attention seeking again 😉

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have seen women using those at festivals.
London Marathon now has stand up woman's urinals the same design as the mens. They are arranged in a series of square blocks of four, 2x2 face to face and just above waist height. It's a bit strange as you are directly facing the person on the other side of the block. There were " Shewees" being handed out FOC at the entrance to the ladies urinals.

presta

Guru
I don't in a built up area. There are times when I've cycled frantically trying to get out of town before I wet myself, but nowadays I would always stop at a hedge before I get into a town, because there's just no guarantee there's a loo, let alone finding it in time.

I once went behind a hedge for a pee, and had finished before I noticed the camera put in the hedge to catch fly tippers pointing straight at me. :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
A bit sexist that :rolleyes:
Well...how many men have said on this thread that they happily urinate outside if they feel the need ;)
My neighbours indeed had to have a go at the postman for peeing against their house in the alley (I've had the misfortune of witnessing this myself as it's right opposite my study xx()

yello

On the plus side, because of my cycling I have built up, over the years, quite a comprehensive knowledge of exactly where there are open and working public loos!
I forgot to mention that that knowledge includes the state of the loo. Some I might not choose to visit unless I'm very much in need so knowing how far to the next one can be most useful.

On which subject, I have to share a travelling story. I was in Burma/Myanmar years ago with a friend. He had an immediate need due to something he'd eaten disagreeing with him. He was quickly ushered to a loo - and refused to use it! Another loo had to be found that met his standards. I really don't want to know what that first one was like! :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
I am quite certain that most women do so as well.

In both cases, most of us only in out of the way places.
I know of no women who urinate outside I'm afraid (at least not other than in extreme circumstances).
Can't you lot hold it in until you find a loo? Maybe you all need prostate checks :whistle:

I think the last time I did for example was once 18 years ago in a very remote spot on safari in Africa. I have used some utterly vile toilets though (once actually in Myanmar thanks to a somewhat upset gut xx(xx( )

winjim

Smash the cistern
So they must have done it standing up ??
I guess so. To be fair it was a festival, everyone was a bit battered.

I have been to festivals where the toilet was a bale of hay which got collected at the end of the day and chucked in with the rest of the manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom