Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You could say your thumb got in the way of the lens.^_^
Need 3 hands for that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'll never forget when my dearly departed Jack Russell had a very big pee on the sloping street, outside Clitheroe post office. The trail of pee must've reached 6 foot long. As I was about to walk away a fellow tweedster approached and said "I say, you're not going to leave that are you"?! Believe me, this chap was actually 'posher' in appearance than I usually am! He was quite elderly and wearing plus fours and a deerstalker hat. I couldn't think what to say in reply. All I could come up with was If you go and get a mop and bucket I'll clean it up. He gave me one of those "You bounder"! looks as I walked away.🧐 :okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Was urine not an essential part of the tanning industry? As I recall it was also used in the waulking of Harris Tweed cloth.
Terry Pratchett in some of his books has a very rich character nicknamed 'The king of the golden river" as all urine in Ankmorpork was collected by him and used for all sorts of purposes.

Yes, I believe so.

I recall a tale (not certain that it is true) that the saying "so poor they didn't have a pot to piss in", is because in days past, people would pee in a pot, and sell it to the tannery.

Supposedly, Monks and Abbots pee was said to produce better leather.

yello

One of the very few times I wish I was a boy..

It has its advantages. ;)

I've often thought 'nah, don't fancy that' when considering the hassle women must have with bib shorts etc. Cripes, talk about exposed and vulnerable. Least we blokes have less airy options. There's a thread on here somewhere as to the 'hows' and preferences - I recall it from years ago.

Oh, on an amusing related aside (or maybe not), I once taught my French club mates (the club was the equivalent of a CTC club, so mixed and social) the French for 'spend a penny' (dépenser un sous if you're interested) It became used now and again, and caused amusement when it was. Yes, and the women would quite happily squat behind a tree/bush/wall should they need arise (though it didn't often)

My male club mates might go off "in search of mushrooms"... and be met with cries of prostateur as they dismounted! I think it's a pun but I'm not sure; a prosateur is a writer. It made me cringe a little tbh, since they were many gentlemen of an age (shall we say) amongst us that it might well have been true for. Still, when in Rome...

...piss in the Trevi Fountain?

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
I know of no women who urinate outside I'm afraid (at least not other than in extreme circumstances).
Can't you lot hold it in until you find a loo? Maybe you all need prostate checks :whistle:

I think the last time I did for example was once 18 years ago in a very remote spot on safari in Africa. I have used some utterly vile toilets though (once actually in Myanmar thanks to a somewhat upset gut xx(xx( )
I was out on an off road cycle path near Methley, there was 2 blokes & 2 ladies jogging about 200 yards or so in front, when suddenly one of the ladies darted off to the side, as I passed she was squat down in full flow, in full view, just said a cheery morning and kept going, her face was like a traffic light on stop, as for males, it’s nothing to do with prostate problems, that stops you going no matter how much urine is in your bladder, but the older you get the need to go is more sudden and more urgent, one old lad I knew always said never pass a toilet without taking the opportunity to go, I get what he meant now

postman

Legendary Member
We have a story of a postman on a rural delivery early one dark morning.He needed to go and squatted sadly near a bus stop along came a brightly lit bus and they saw his delivery.I never knew if that story was true,i always thought he must have known it was a bus stop or he was near a bus stop anyway a good story .

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
How odd. Most of the women I have spent significant time with outdoors have done so with very nearly as much frequency as the men.
Ditto.

My wife walks with 3 other ladies and she has mentioned the pee stops that they have had - especially on hot days when they are hydrating properly.

All are late or post-menopausal and all have been 'wrecked' by childbirth. So, maybe they are physical factors affecting them?

Whatever, people need to *iss!

I had a check-up a few years ago as I thought I was going excessively - about half a dozen times during the day and occasionally once overnight.

After the usual better safe than sorry checking process by my lady GP (bless her) she said that I shouldn't worry as 8-10 times a day, if you are drinking enough water, would not be an abnormal peeing rate in her opinion.

What do the TdF ladies do I wonder?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yes, I believe so.

I recall a tale (not certain that it is true) that the saying "so poor they didn't have a pot to piss in", is because in days past, people would pee in a pot, and sell it to the tannery.

Supposedly, Monks and Abbots pee was said to produce better leather.
I had a hobby business at one time tanning sheepskins which a pal of mine provided. I used synthetics then as not enough natural product could be available. We split the profits as he had a camp site and sold them by just flinging them on top of a hedge which all campers had to pass. They were waterproof which impressed the punters.

DRM

Guru
We had one engineer who being desperate for a No2, decided to use a bucket in the back of his van, the overalls went down as well as the trousers and undies, unfortunately the overalls covered the bucket and he only found out when he put them back on :eek:

We had one engineer who being desperate for a No2, decided to use a bucket in the back of his van, the overalls went down as well as the trousers and undies, unfortunately the overalls covered the bucket and he only found out when he put them back on :eek:
I went caving with some mates and one went to get rid of his curry - same outcome but no lumps xx( :laugh:xx(

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I was out on an off road cycle path near Methley, there was 2 blokes & 2 ladies jogging about 200 yards or so in front, when suddenly one of the ladies darted off to the side, as I passed she was squat down in full flow, in full view, just said a cheery morning and kept going, her face was like a traffic light on stop, as for males, it’s nothing to do with prostate problems, that stops you going no matter how much urine is in your bladder, but the older you get the need to go is more sudden and more urgent, one old lad I knew always said never pass a toilet without taking the opportunity to go, I get what he meant now
I used to boast that if I was blindfolded and landed by helicopter anywhere in Scotland I could take off the blindfold and point towards the nearest toilet. Not necessarily on my own behalf but I often had my wife with me and she preferred some privacy.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another memory has just popped into my head. I can't remember the race but it was rural, and might have been in Ireland. The pre race nerves had taken hold and the only cover was a disused corrugated iron barn. A few runners were dashing hither and thither and it ended up with a few male runners facing the barn and averting their eyes, while a few female runners were squatting with their backs to the barn and averting their eyes.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Enlightened countries have toilets in remote country

B58F789D-69F9-4977-ABBC-9929370C0E09.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom