Uruguay v Ghana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
mangaman said:
I'm tempted. Although not always genteel - if that's OK

Ah go on, Mangaman. Dellzeqq allows a select quota of riff-raff on the ride. And sorry - the nail-biting smiley was lazy and a bit crap - but in my defence, there was a penalty shoot-out on!

mangaman

OK then - Ill do it.

(I'll review this statement in the morning when slightly more sober :tongue:)

Actually - as Dell will maybe recall, as I have PM'd him recently, I have been recovering from a long term knee problem and have been looking for a long ride to get back into things - this sounds ideal.

I'll have to check my work rota, but anything that entails "genteel riff-raff" sounds intruiging.

Is it like "Raffles, the Gentleman Thug" from Viz magazine? If so, it sounds like a great crack.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
mangaman said:
OK then - Ill do it.

(I'll review this statement in the morning when slightly more sober
;))

Actually - as Dell will maybe recall, as I have PM'd him recently, I have been recovering from a long term knee problem and have been looking for a long ride to get back into things - this sounds ideal.

I'll have to check my work rota, but anything that entails "genteel riff-raff" sounds intruiging.

Is it like "Raffles, the Gentleman Thug" from Viz magazine? If so, it sounds like a great crack.

MORNING MANGAMAN!

Sorry - I mean good morning, Mangaman. Time to get that email off to fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it is a tad more 'Famous Five', or 'Swallows and Amazons' than Raffles.

'I say, have you seen Stu's Viner?' 'Gosh, yes, it's a corker!'

'I say, Adrian, are you planning to go up the Beacon on fixed?' 'Rather!'

mangaman

theclaud said:
MORNING MANGAMAN!

Sorry - I mean good morning, Mangaman. Time to get that email off to fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk.

Can you whisper a bit Claudine, I'm only just recovering now! I don't know what happened. Loads of alcohol found its way into my bloodstream. I was on holiday the next day though ;)

I loved "Swallows and Amazons" when I was a nipper Dell, but I remember their prowess as sailors rather than cyclists.

I had a recce of South Harting Hill today (I'm sure you know the road up from the village - 10%.) A bit tough for me - but I did OK.

I'm getting seriously tempted by the genteel ride. And I've just taken a week off work in a few weeks, for some serious training (The Cycling World Championships were held near me in 1982 and won by the great Giuseppe Saronni) and I often used to ride round and round the course. I'm planning on doing the same on my week off.

I might put your genteel ride to shame - power away like Miguel Indurain and leave you all for dead ;) I jest of course. I'd be lucky to make it - but it's a goal I'm definitely aiming at (without comitting myself quite yet :blush:)

Top Bottom