Uruguay v Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Anticipation building for this one. I'm debtaing heading into Amsterdam to watch it on the big screen at Museumplein - 50,000 people are expected.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
On paper it looks a cert for the Dutch, but this has a been a strange world cup in terms of form so I'll sit on the fence and hope for a close and exciting match.

OP
OP
U

User169

Smokin Joe said:
On paper it looks a cert for the Dutch, but this has a been a strange world cup in terms of form so I'll sit on the fence and hope for a close and exciting match.

From the Dutch POV, it's got banana skin written all over it.

ramses

Go Holland!! Since England are Shite, I want Holland to win.

Like the Dutch, loved my visit to Amsterdam.

Hoping Holland win the World Cup! :ohmy:

redddraggon

Blondie
ramses said:
Go Holland!! Since England are Shite, I want Holland to win.

Like the Dutch, loved my visit to Amsterdam.

Hoping Holland win the World Cup! :smile:

Watch about the rest of the Dutch who aren't from Holland? Don't they count :bravo:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
redddraggon said:
Watch about the rest of the Dutch who aren't from Holland? Don't they count :smile:

The team is referred to by many Dutch people as 'Holland' so why not take it up with them... :bravo:

The orange men to win,, and win the whole thing on July 11th.. cue King Billy marching across the Boyne again on the 12th. Anyway the Dutch have home advantage.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
alecstilleyedye said:
iirc the folk from freislaand consider themselves friesh (sp) first, and dutch second, but still dutch nonetheless.

We have some Frieslanders in the little village I live in in Ontario (they all emigrated in the early 50s during the post-war depression), and they still fly the Friesland flag.

Top Bottom