Us and them at work.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

Norm said:
This was the one that I have used in the past. There were massive staff turnover issues in the team when I joined, I started to take them out to the local pub for lunch, then monthly dinners, then we'd go to various clubs etc. The "expenses" part would cost about £10 each per month (company paid for dinner, we each paid for drinks in the clubs).
Not one person resigned in the 2.5 years I was there.

Lots of niggles and issues can get resolved over a steak and chips and a few glasses of sambucca.
The turnaround in moral may have had more to do with your man management skills Norm.:thumbsup:

4F said:
Yeah I thought my idea was best as well :evil:
Sorry to pinch your idea 4F but my reply was a sarcastic reply to DappaDonDave's ridiculous logic.

Norm

Mark_Robson said:
The turnaround in moral may have had more to do with your man management skills Norm.;)
Possibly... but I got some good meals out of it. :cry:

Norm said:
This was the one that I have used in the past. There were massive staff turnover issues in the team when I joined, I started to take them out to the local pub for lunch, then monthly dinners, then we'd go to various clubs etc. The "expenses" part would cost about £10 each per month (company paid for dinner, we each paid for drinks in the clubs).

When someone in head office questioned it, I pointed out that we had previously been paying £3k a month in recruitment fees alone (before factoring in time wasted, training etc), so the £2.5k per year was quite a bargain.

Not one person resigned in the 2.5 years I was there.

Lots of niggles and issues can get resolved over a steak and chips and a few glasses of sambucca.

If that doesn't work, then shoot them.

Lovely move with the budgetary argument there Norm :tongue:

Top Bottom