US lawmaker blames bicycle breath for global warming gas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Breathtaking ignorance.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
"You claim that it is environmentally friendly to ride a bike. But if I am not mistaken, a cyclists [sic] has an increased heart rate and respiration. That means that the act of riding a bike results in greater emissions of carbon dioxide from the rider. Since CO2 is deemed to be a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride."

Quote from the lawmaker in question. Surely an overweight, unfit driver would be producing more CO2 :whistle:.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
"You claim that it is environmentally friendly to ride a bike. But if I am not mistaken, a cyclists [sic] has an increased heart rate and respiration. That means that the act of riding a bike results in greater emissions of carbon dioxide from the rider. Since CO2 is deemed to be a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride."

Quote from the lawmaker in question. Surely an overweight, unfit driver would be producing more CO2 :whistle:.
I think anybody of whatever size would use more oxygen walking over a set distance than they would do cycling. And walkers, do they pay pavement tax?

Chris S

Legendary Member
Cyclists aren't releasing CO2 trapped in fossil fuels - all the CO2 we expire comes from the food we've eaten. It's then used by plants to produce more food, either for us or animals. There is no net increase.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
This sort of thing may give our government ideas:headshake:
A government with an idea? Surely that's dangerous!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Cyclists aren't releasing CO2 trapped in fossil fuels - all the CO2 we expire comes from the food we've eaten. It's then used by plants to produce more food, either for us or animals. There is no net increase.

I've always wondered about the effects of the entire human and animal population breathing out at once, and its effect on co2 emissions... thanks for that :thumbsup:

If you really want to worry read the comments!

I love the suggestion that the way forward was to remove Oxygen from the atmosphere, thus preventing CO2 formation.

Then suggesting an "AirTax" with plants being given tax concessions for reversing the process

Brilliant!

Top Bottom