USA resort tax,room tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Has anyone been on holiday 2018 to the USA,I will be going to see our travel agent to see if we have to pay this tax ,i don't think it was working in Orlando in 2016.I was just wondering if it will apply even though we have booked and paid Virgin Travel for our USA trip 2019,anyone had anything like this 2018.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Has anyone been on holiday 2018 to the USA,I will be going to see our travel agent to see if we have to pay this tax ,i don't think it was working in Orlando in 2016.I was just wondering if it will apply even though we have booked and paid Virgin Travel for our USA trip 2019,anyone had anything like this 2018.

One hotel tried the 'room tax' trick on me a few years ago, but we spotted it before we booked, so simply booked elsewhere. I do think it is become more and more common. I would have thought if you dealt with a European travel agent that they would have to make it very clear up front and could not hide it.

D

Deleted member 26715

If you're buying a packet then I would have suspected it would have been included, I have always booked flights, hotels separately & always paid the local tax, not just in Florida, in multiple other states as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom