USA v Slovenia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Is that for when they play Paraguay on Sunday?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yep, but this makes England look in even more trouble. Slovenia were poor in their first match but they do not seem to be having huge problems with the US (at this early stage of course).

darkstar

Flying_Monkey said:
Yep, but this makes England look in even more trouble. Slovenia were poor in their first match but they do not seem to be having huge problems with the US (at this early stage of course).
Why?:tongue: If We beat Algeria tonight, we will be on 4 points, as will Slovenia, then a draw will be enough to get through to the next round... Slovenia really have not been that impressive today, the states have left their defence wide open for them to take advantage of...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
darkstar said:
Why?:tongue: If We beat Algeria tonight, we will be on 4 points, as will Slovenia, then a draw will be enough to get through to the next round... Slovenia really have not been that impressive today, the states have left their defence wide open for them to take advantage of...

I mean in the sense that England did not look any better than the USA, and USA look similar to Slovenia, who looked about the same level as Algeria - ergo Britain they will have to raise their game significantly and are in rather more of a dogfight than they had thought. They will probably still get through of course, but it will be with rather less confidence than they had anticipated.

darkstar

Flying_Monkey said:
I mean in the sense that England did not look any better than the USA, and USA look worse than Slovenia, who looked about the same level as Algeria - ergo Britain they will have to raise their game significantly and are in rather more of a dogfight than they had thought. They will probably still get through of course, but it will be with rather less confidence than they had anticipated.
Yeh you see that logic misses out changing form, a side can play well one week, and look poor the next. Using that logic you can say, USA beat Spain in the confederations cup semi final, we drew with USA last week, which means we must be better than Spain as well!:tongue:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
darkstar said:
Yeh you see that logic misses out changing form, a side can play well one week, and look poor the next.

Err, no - that's why I said, they would have to raise their game - i.e. I think that this is possible. The thing is that there are many factors at play here - sides can go into a kind of collective depression (France), they can recover and play to the best of their ability (Slovenia), they can collapse (Germany) they can carry on being mediocre, and more.

Using that logic you can say, USA beat Spain in the confederations cup semi final, we drew with USA last week, which means we must be better than Spain as well!:laugh:

Is it worth replying to this bollocks? :rain:

Top Bottom