Use of the word "moton"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I though about this quite a bit so today decided to do something about it.
I greeted every driver that had their window open with a cheery "hello moton"! My thinking is that to defuse the derogatory nature of the term 'moton' I would use it in a positive way. I also made pleasant complements like "nice driving moton" and "love the spoiler moton" the added positivity of the complements re-enforces reversal of the derogatory nature. Most people seemed not to mind the term when used in such a nice way.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Norm said:
Is "reserve" the little special area of your hard disk, password protected and hidden from prying eyes? :wacko:

How did you know that? :biggrin: :ohmy:

Norm said:
I had a motorised moron last night. I was in the right hand lane of a two-lane one way street, just before the road split. This chap in an MGF was pulling out of a side-road on my left but wanted to be in the same lane as me, he looked and saw "bike" and pulled out anyway. When he realised I was doing close to 20mph, he just stopped, completely blocking the left lane.

For him, I feel the word moton is well earned.

I agree entirely.

I had one as well. Quiet residential side street, I'm approaching t-juction. Small van double-parked on right so junction is restricted. Parked cars on my left so I have nowhere to go. Driver in rustbucket turns right faster than was sensible and cuts the corner so is now on my side of the road heading towards me, sees me coming other way, hesitates slightly (I saw the front of the car dip under braking) then, yep - thinks "only a cyclist" and decides to carry on anyway. Misses me by, oh, about a foot on my right! :ohmy:

One thing that has just struck me on reading Magnatoms thread and maybe relevant to this thread.

It was remarked by a (motorist) work colleague yesterday about the tipper truck that killed that young cyclist recently.In a sort of jokingly sort of way I take it but now I hardly listen to these remarks as they are meant to upset/wind me up.

Many times at work I have been called bonnet fodder or gay because I cycle and don't own a manly BMW Series 5.

Oh that has gone with all the other comments over the years with the occasional fiddling with my bike so my lights dont work although this has happened only twice over twenty years,,,no doubt as a (joke) so I would cycle home without lights....of which I didn't because I fixed the situation.

That was just a side note for the poor persecuted (motorists).

Top Bottom