Used German cars value.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Apparently, the part ex value of Audi's, Vw's, Mercedes and BMW's has plummeted by between 4 and 5000 pounds according to the car dealer my son is getting his new car from. ( Not any of those I must add).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Most are dirty diesels. Good time to get a deal.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I wonder if this is because the used market value has fallen, of because fewer are buying new cars on finance so the dealers are trying to bolster their margins on PXs to compensate..?

... or something else entirely..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have yet to see a Tesla driven with any consideration for the environment. They are exclusively driven by nobbers who like to blast away into the distance to demonstrate that they can!

Exactly, you never see a Tesla driven considerately. Whoosh !:laugh: Burning rubber and electrons !

Apparently, the part ex value of Audi's, Vw's, Mercedes and BMW's has plummeted by between 4 and 5000 pounds according to the car dealer my son is getting his new car from. ( Not any of those I must add).

Probably because people are tightening their belts financially and they just don't have the surplus cash/disposable cash they used to. Not only are German cars some of the least reliable nowadays but also the most expensive to repair so you end up with a car that could cost sometimes many times more to own plus many people buy performance German cars which give poor fuel economy. You can end up costing many thousands extra per year.

Often you find in poor countries Toyota dominate because people can afford to run them but in countries with high disposable incomes less reliable marques sell well. Britain is going to have much greater poverty in the next few years and incomes will be tight for a huge percentage of the population so I think the type of cars we buy will change a fair bit many will lose access to a car and others will buy cheaper simpler cars.

gbb

Legendary Member
I suspect dealers forsee a crash in certain cars and in doing so, hasten that crash.
Its no surprise, its the same as the panic mid 70s when you (figuratively speaking...but almost literally) couldnt give away big cars, for the same reason, rapidly increasing fuel prices.

German cars, expensive to buy, expensive if you maintain them properly, expensive if you dont (long term of course).

CXRAndy

Guru
Exactly, you never see a Tesla driven considerately. Whoosh !:laugh: Burning rubber and electrons !

My Tesla's do out run pretty much anything else on the road-buts thats just how an EV accelerates compared to an ICE. I don't need to burn any rubber😃

Gillstay

Über Member
Mate and I checked our cars, a toyota and a Skoda, both bought two years ago for around 4 k. Both now worth about 4k as second hand cars have gone up. i did 20,000 miles he did 40,000. Seems odd that other German cars would be different. Perhaps the dealer needed cheap stock.

Cerdic

Wasn’t trying to part-ex an old German car was he…?

Top Bottom