Used German cars value.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickb

Guru
Apparently, the part ex value of Audi's, Vw's, Mercedes and BMW's has plummeted by between 4 and 5000 pounds according to the car dealer my son is getting his new car from. ( Not any of those I must add).

That's an utterly meaningless claim. A 6-month old tricked-out Audi R8 will have depreciated by 10s of thousands but a 5 year old A1 will be worth more now than it was 2 years ago.

My son recently had his 14 plate Vauxhall Corsa stolen and the insurance company wrote it off. 3 years ago it cost about £3k and the insurance company just paid him £5100 net of the excess. Good second-hand cars - particularly the brands mentioned by the OP are like hen's teeth and fetch very good prices.

The dealer is taking the piss - shop elsewhere!

Also - try webuyanycar.com - I've sold a few cars via that route and got way more than a dealer would p/x for. Painless transactions too.

Gunk

Guru
The automotive industry now has a much more reliable way of determining if a driver is a plonker and in my experience is near on 100% reliable.

The 3d numberplate!

plus the side wind deflectors. An aging Merc A200 or BMW 118i with both fitted are usually driven by a bellend

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Wife’s Merc E Class Convertible is only lost a £2k in value looking at WBAC valuation. In fact when we chopped in the sons mini at the weekend , he was very keen to offer us a good price if we are selling . However being the nobber German car drivers we are , we decided to keep it So we can carry on annoying people :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom