Useful tip for cat owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here it's not prey, but furballs...

BUT...

Lexi is the main hunter here, and she likes to leave shredded prey on the doorstep. She does a good line in leaving severed heads for the postman to step on - used to freak the poor bloke out no end. Poppy brings stuff in alive, and then we get the invariable mexican stand-off.

IMG_4379_small.jpg

A previous cat, Pearl, had this thing about barfing up bits of mouse *IN* my bed... :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_4379_vsmall.jpg
    IMG_4379_vsmall.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
One of mine brought a live mouse in. As she adjusted to show me her catch the mouse escaped and dived under the settee. Mrs 26 was already in bed and I'd had enough for one day so I left it like that. Next morning the cat had cornered the mouse on the stairs so I picked it up (it was unharmed) and let it go outside. Overall least effort expended on my part and no harm to the local wildlife. Although that mouse is probably dining out on tales of cats and humans.

Mrs M

Guru
Thomas is the hunter in the household, wee Sam couldn’t catch a cold :dry:
Most nights the security lights go on, then there is the grand announcement that Mr T has arrived with a mouse, much yowling and carry on. Presents the poor mouse at the bedroom window before coming in for a wee snack, then out for more hunting, (sometimes 3 mice a night) :angry: Never eats them though.
Never leave the bedroom window open wide enough now for him to get in, learned that lesson after he brought in a live mouse and I had to catch the poor wee thing and liberate it at 3am.
Wee pic of Thomas before he goes out tonight!

DRM

Guru
Now there are a few people on here who have cats, perhaps someone can comment on a behaviour displayed by the cat who nicked my dinner, he/she was wagging their tail like a dog, all cats I have known will flick their tail, but never seen one wagging it like this one did.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Now there are a few people on here who have cats, perhaps someone can comment on a behaviour displayed by the cat who nicked my dinner, he/she was wagging their tail like a dog, all cats I have known will flick their tail, but never seen one wagging it like this one did.
its means their annoyed
https://www.care.com/c/stories/6422/why-do-cats-wag-their-tails/en-gb/

Mrs M

Guru
Had a wee chat with my next door neighbour today.
Her

hubby (our friend) passed away last month.
She’s not been sleeping too well lately and noticed that Thomas has started spending some of the night on her doorstep. He also left her a wee prezzie last night (mouse).
Almost like he’s trying to help (and missing his pal too).

DRM

Guru
Conflicted is probably a better way of putting it.

it's a do I stay, do I go, can I nick more of this, what will the Human do...

You do have to take the rest of the body language into account as well, especially the ears and eyes. Cats really *do* communicate with their entire body, and they're very good at it.
That’s the thing, this cat was really friendly, was in no way a stray, was in far too good/well fed condition, perhaps it was a bit surprised to see two people sat outside, looking at the link I think it was happy to see us as it walked across to us allowed itself to be stroked, then ate my chicken.

Last edited:
That’s the thing, this cat was really friendly, was in no way a stray, was in far too good/well fed condition, perhaps it was a bit surprised to see two people sat outside, looking at the link I think it was happy to see us as it walked across to us allowed itself to be stroked, then ate my chicken.

Ah.

An opportunistic upgrading of lifestyle, then. Cats are very good at this kind of thing. :laugh:

DRM

Guru
Ah.

An opportunistic upgrading of lifestyle, then. Cats are very good at this kind of thing. :laugh:
i’m no cat expert, but I do believe they will up sticks and move house to find more gullible humans to pander to them.
This was recorded in the historical tale of puss in boots, disappeared of to that there London because he thought the streets were paved with cat nip or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom