Useful tip for cat owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last Thursday the wife comes home to feathers in the house but no other evidence.

The cat still seemed quite excited, but it wasn't until sometime later that she spotted the blackbird perched atop a picture frame (a painting of St Ives harbour as it happens, but perhaps that's not relevant) in the sitting-room.

Perhaps it was the line of bird-poo down the wall, or on the door (both sides), that gave it away.

Anyway, she managed to catch it and release it to live another day.

A couple of weeks prior to this, the same cat left us a mouse on top of a table in the kitchen.

The thing about this is that the cat had nicely lined it up with the breakfast-bars etc that the wife/daughter take to work.

I'm not sure if the cat put it there because he thought it the right place for snacks, and was leaving it for latter, or if it was a gift.

1570958821608.png

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Now there are a few people on here who have cats, perhaps someone can comment on a behaviour displayed by the cat who nicked my dinner, he/she was wagging their tail like a dog, all cats I have known will flick their tail, but never seen one wagging it like this one did.
My cat wags his tail constantly...nothing to do with bad temper at all. The worst thing being his tail is massively long and often whacks things including me with it!

He’ll wag it on command to ‘Harry, what’s your tail doing?) :laugh:

Not the best photo of his tail but it’s a good foot long

Attachments

• FF0F410D-F546-40A0-A75C-784E7D1CC0D6.jpeg
    FF0F410D-F546-40A0-A75C-784E7D1CC0D6.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cats are experts in training humans but they mostly see themselves a subservient in the family pack, which is why they bring mice to us as a gift.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've likely recounted this before, but my ex-wife's cat was a bit too rough in play-fights, so I started to wear my motorcycle glove for games. It got to the stage if we were quietly hanging out together all I had to do was put the glove on and he'd bound over for a full-contact claws-out battle. Strangely, though he'd regularly bite visitors, and couldn't / wouldn't play gently, on one occasion my mate and his four year old daughter visited and the little girl immediately started clumsily manhandling him; roughly picking him up by his front legs and so on. We were about to intervene to forestall the inevitable-seeming scratched and crying toddler, but no; the oft-grumpy cat was besotted with her and followed her round the rest of the visit and put up with all sorts of indignities.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My cat eats everything she catches, in its entirety from nose to tail, doesn't leave bits for bare feet thankfully.

Usually a couple of mice a day, at least from the field, and the occasional baby wabbit, and rat.

She has to bring them to us first for much praise and acknowledgement.

She gets a very poor reception for songbirds tho..

She does seem to understand the difference.

Once she caught and killed a weasel of all things.

That must have been some fight, as they're vicious by all accounts..

Trailer trash kitty :rolleyes: basking in the glory of a recent kill.

Mice? My Bengal once brought back a blooming mole!

Between them, mesdames Poppy and Lexi have brought me moles, rats, squirrels, a snake, woodpigeons (usually when sozzled on windfall fruit), pheasants, all three species of shrew native to the UK plus the usual assortment of meeces and voles.

All brought to me for approval and appraisal prior (mostly) to consumption.

My cat eats everything she catches, in its entirety from nose to tail, doesn't leave bits for bare feet thankfully.

Usually a couple of mice a day, at least from the field, and the occasional baby wabbit, and rat.

She has to bring them to us first for much praise and acknowledgement.

She gets a very poor reception for songbirds tho..

She does seem to understand the difference.

Once she caught and killed a weasel of all things.

That must have been some fight, as they're vicious by all accounts..

View attachment 491854

Trailer trash kitty :rolleyes: basking in the glory of a recent kill.

Ah, what a gorgeous - and clever - girlie :wub:

Top Bottom