Using a smart trainer unplugged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey all, I have an odd question. I have a TacX Vortex smart trainer which I love and use on Bkool, although not much lately as I've been working overtime and the holidays, bla bla, excuses.

Anyway, my wife wants to ride the bike on the trainer but doesn't want to mess with getting on bkool or any other program for that matter. She just wants to hop on and pedal and listen to music like it was a regular "dumb" trainer. Is this ok? I don't see why it would hurt the trainer but being new to smart trainers I wasn't sure. If she does that, should it be plugged in or unplugged completely. I would assume the resistance would probably be set at 0% incline which is fine.

Thoughts on this? Don't ask me why she doesn't want to use Bkool or Zwift, she's complicated...haha

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Most act like a dumb trainer if not plugged in, I recall the vortex being such

CXRAndy

Guru
Alot of women( i'm not saying your wide wife isn't) aren't as competitive as men so become put off by coming near the back. Given Bkool,Zwift are mainly men riders, who some are there to train intensely. Its a shame they don't have a women's section, but the old saying is, if you want to ride fast, ride with fast riders.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Alot of women( i'm not saying your wide isn't) aren't as competitive as men so become put off by coming near the back. Given Bkool,Zwift are mainly men riders, who some are there to train intensely. Its a shame they don't have a women's section, but the old saying is, if you want to ride fast, ride with fast riders.

I am pretty sure there is at least one Facebook Zwift riding group for women only. If you pop over to the Zwift Facebook page you or she could ask?

Top Bottom