Using clipless pedals for the first time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Turn the whole way to the loosest before you go out the first time! 5 is far too tight for a beginner and totally unnecessary on the road

and they're pedals!!!

Hi again jb47. The Shimano PD-M250 was the very first clip-less system that I bought and tried along with a pair of Shimano shoes - an utter disaster and so so fiddly to connect with.
That was what prompted me to try a pair of Look PP 206;the difference was amazing and very reminiscent of my trusty old Marcel Berthet Lyotard Platform pedals when it came to a rapid connection.

johnnyb47

Guru
Thanks for the great advice. Trying them out on setting 5 seems ok, but that's just me messing around with them in the kitchen..In the real world they will no doubt be different, so I'll take on board your advice and adjust them to there slackest position 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the great advice. Trying them out on setting 5 seems ok, but that's just me messing around with them in the kitchen..In the real world they will no doubt be different, so I'll take on board your advice and adjust them to there slackest position 👍
Have them loose, there’ll be many times yiu need to unclip in a hurry!
also make sure the cleat bolts are very tight and tighten after every ride to start with. Losing a bolt or having a loose one while clipped in means you may not be able to unclip and you’ll end up on the deck (Damhikt :blush:)

Top Bottom