Using Muc Off drive chain cleaner & a Muc off chain doc cleaner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good point about always being on offer somewhere @Tripster - premium products usually “do the rounds” between retailers wilt promotions.

I don’t use it for Muc-Off but the website HotUKDeals.co.uk is great for spotting offers and alerting for “hot” deals on products.
In January LBS had a wall of Muc Off pressure washers on display. Must have been 50+ off them. I went back a week later for something and the lot had almost gone. Someone must like muc off stuff! I do like my little pressure washer though. Had it a while now and tis good.
Will check out HotUKDeals.co.uk :okay:

weareHKR

I use one of these... :okay:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Never had a problem with Muc-Off. Its always on offer some place cheap. Also use Turtle Wax shampoo.
My sons 10 and washes his bike, will be today, and uses the little Muc Off pressure washer with bicycle nozzle. It makes it more fun so more inclined to use it than if I make him sponge it all. I don't make him do the chain as he would end up covered in oil/grease as would most of driveway :ohmy:
I use the mickle method for chains :okay:
Great little washer, handy for me with the motorbike lance and I use snow foams anyway when washing

DRM

Guru
Are the matt black finishes on push irons not the same as the matt black motorbikes ? A Triumph dealer chatting to me once and said they just rinse with water, no polish, no cleaners as it shines the areas you clean up and leaves marks. Great for people who don't like cleaning routines.
Don’t know about that but it’s made the finish less thick so you can see aluminum through the now thinner paint in a run down the seat stay

Don’t know about that but it’s made the finish less thick so you can see aluminum through the now thinner paint in a run down the seat stay
Ouch:ohmy: ah right, surely thats more to do with quality of paint and finish than the product. I must admit I have used it on motorbikes, bikes, cars and never seen anything like that. Did you contact muc off about it? Sorry to hear it damaged your bike:sad:

DRM

Guru
Ouch:ohmy: ah right, surely thats more to do with quality of paint and finish than the product. I must admit I have used it on motorbikes, bikes, cars and never seen anything like that. Did you contact muc off about it? Sorry to hear it damaged your bike:sad:
No I haven’t, it’s not a large area, but I feel it’s just very aggressive as cleaners go, and if you spray some on, do it in small areas and wash it straight off

Cup and cone are easy to re-grease and cheap to replace (less than the cost of a single bottle of Muc Off).
Also - "Tell that to the '93 Shi**no XTR FH-M900 non-drive side non-replaceable rear wheel bearing cup I ruined - writing off the whole wheel in the process, due to a millisecond of mis-directed hose-pipe".

Lovacott

Über Member
Also - "Tell that to the '93 Shi**no XTR FH-M900 non-drive side non-replaceable rear wheel bearing cup I ruined - writing off the whole wheel in the process, due to a millisecond of mis-directed hose-pipe".
That's something which happened to you because you misdirected the hosepipe for a millisecond.

Not my problem really.:boxing:

Cycling_Samurai

After going to a bike shop and they not having degreasing fluid to use in my park tool like tool, I used dish soap with water and spray degreaser. Totally cleaned the chain so I could apply Smoove lube. The bike was ultra quiet

Maccajock

Regular
Aha... Bike detailing.. So I use my car bits n bobs on the frame/wheels.. Autoglym shampoo...clay bar... Meguiars polish and turtle wax ceramic coating... For the tech kit... WD40 degrease..and all weather lube..

Top Bottom