Using winter kit yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just come back from two weeks in the Mediterranean and by heck I could feel the cold this AM. Full winter attire until I am fully acclimatised!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Well tonight the heating came on for first time since last winter. So have closed up windows which normally remain open. Night time social ride tonight and will be wearing longs given forecast temps later tonight.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
By my calibration, winter is when I put away the sandals, and break out the gloves, longs, and shoes & socks.
It's not happened yet.
On the same basis, last winter finished on 10th February.

Summer is sandals, shorts, and sort sleeve top.
Spring and autumn are sandals, shorts, and whatever combination of baselayer, short sleeve top, long sleeve top, and gilet seems appropriate to the day.

I've just come back from two weeks in the Mediterranean and by heck I could feel the cold this AM. Full winter attire until I am fully acclimatised!
I did wonder whether I'd got it wrong in Scotland a couple of weeks ago. The temperature had been 11 or 12° all day, and when I got up in the middle of the night to water the grass (camped near the Falls of Tarf) it was down to 1°, with all my winter clothing back home in Gloucester

Last edited:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I put on 3/4-length bibs, a Craft baselayer and my Perfetto long-sleeved top last week for two days. It was down to 1 or 2C along parts of my route to work. Other than those two days, no - no winter kit being used regularly yet.

And no heating on at home yet.

pbkclements

Not yet but getting ready - brought some gore c5 Thermo gloves - hate freezing hands in winter when rest of me is ok

Top Bottom