Using winter kit yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zanelad

Guru
Still using bib shorts and just a long sleeve top. T shirt for the ride home mid-afternoon. I prefer to be cooler rather than too warm.

Got some winter shoes on standby and am contemplating bib tights for when it gets colder. However, as I see people in shorts all year round I'm wondering if the tights will be necessary...…...

I'll continue to ride through winter except when it's wet or there's a risk of ice. I don't bounce as well as I used to.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Fat tyres for wet grip, studded tyres for ice grip. Ride all year. :smile:

Used the rain cape for the first time in a few months last night. Proper windy too, so my feet still got wet. Not cold.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The lights have been on the bike since August for 5:20 starts.
Also had the bib leggings on and long finger gloves and jacket in my bike bag for a couple of 100k evening rides when I knew I would be getting back well into the darkness.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Still using bib shorts and just a long sleeve top. T shirt for the ride home mid-afternoon. I prefer to be cooler rather than too warm.

Got some winter shoes on standby and am contemplating bib tights for when it gets colder. However, as I see people in shorts all year round I'm wondering if the tights will be necessary...…...

I'll continue to ride through winter except when it's wet or there's a risk of ice. I don't bounce as well as I used to.
bad for the knees if its too cold , of course everyone is different but i wouldnt risk it

Slick

Guru
I must admit, I did think of this thread this morning at 6am with the rain driving into my face so much so, I really struggled to see at times. Still had my shorts on and finger less gloves so at least I know it's still summer. :sun:

Reactions: C R
I'm in "autumn" kit though looks like that could start changing soon :sad:

Perhaps fortunately, I was in the car on Tuesday (drove to Yorkshire after work to go to Wednesday's timetrialling) and it was carnage around here.

Skanker

I’ll put my waterproofs on if I’m going to work and it’s raining as it’s not pleasant working in wet clothes.
I don’t need a bag for anything though so don’t fancy taking one just full of clothes, especially seeing as I only work 4 hours a day.
My summer and winter kit is what I’m wearing at the time though, I don’t wear special clothes for cycling apart from my body armour when I’m doing my idiotic stuff.

Top Bottom