Usual forum help on cats.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The thing that sets off my alarm bells is the lack of physical location detail, ie no address, no phone number of any sort. That's no way to run an on-line business.
In fairness, I can understand such a business being discreet about specifics. There are any number of activists who would see "liberating" the animals as a worthwhile objective.
However, being so vague is just downright weird.

They are said to be based in Liverpool.
Who? And how do you know that? The reviews all seem to be US based, with inter-state shipping. And none of the reviewers seem to be "experts" in cat care.
I also don’t want to see pedigree lines disappear.
One person buying a cat from a dodgy cat farm is not exactly helping!
There are a number of grammatical errors, which wreaks of unprofessionalism
Sorry! I was amused! ^_^
How dare you!!?
You ask for help. People have taken their time to help.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This one says listen to the above and find a breeder you can meet.

PS this is our third Ragdoll, a year younger than her bro and sis (same parent cats).

20221212_214318.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS you know they are quite large cats - one of the biggest breeds. Our male ragdoll is a good 2" taller at his shoulders than our male ginger ninja. He's much longer too, and add in the 'fluff', is physically twice the size for the same weight ! The one above is female and not quite as big as her brother, the other female is very fluffy but quite petite.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I know it’s in Liverpool because they replied to emails. May be legit but not worth the risk. I’ve found a breeder a few miles down the road so in comms there now.
Thanks for advice people.

I know it’s in Liverpool because they replied to emails. May be legit but not worth the risk. I’ve found a breeder a few miles down the road so in comms there now.

Look at the reviews! People mentioned receiving a cat from Oklahoma!!

Please make sure you are dealing with someone reputable

Out of curiosity, what's the cattery prefix?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
In fairness, I can understand such a business being discreet about specifics. There are any number of activists who would see "liberating" the animals as a worthwhile objective.
However, being so vague is just downright weird.

Who? And how do you know that? The reviews all seem to be US based, with inter-state shipping. And none of the reviewers seem to be "experts" in cat care.

One person buying a cat from a dodgy cat farm is not exactly helping!

Sorry! I was amused! ^_^

You ask for help. People have taken their time to help.

Don't worry! I'm not a professional. :tongue:

Dadam

Hey, we’ve seen a Mainecoon cat on this website. They have emailed back but it felt a bit impersonal and the price seems too cheap. I’m slightly suspicious it’s a scam or could be legit but maybe a bad experience. Can someone check out these guys for me please?
http://www.royalkittiescattery.com/
No Facebook page which is weird in this day & age.
We want that kitten called Stan.
TIA.

The picture next to Who We Are on the homepage is a library image, which is a massive red flag.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...YwKDY0Q2A4oA3oECAcQBQ&biw=1659&bih=1255&dpr=1

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I second what @Kingfisher101 said above.
Also, a Maine Coon is hard work: do yo and your family have the time to keep this breed of cat stimulated?

We had mainecoons back in the day, and whilst they were playfull and great fun, I don't recall needing any special effort to keep them entertained, apart from needing to brush them quite a lot. The are brilliant cats, though sadly none of ours made old age, not compared to nearly 20 for a moggy at any rate. I don't think the couple we got them from are still in the game.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
With all those kittens for sale, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Steer clear.

If you want a maine coon, contact the kennel club that deals with cats and ask them for reputable breeders in or around your area.

Top Bottom