Utility bills seem to have gone up and i think i'm paying too much for my internet service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Direct debit, they can take what they like ,it's upto you to argue it.

Standing order they cant

No this is incorrect. If the contract is for a fixed monthly direct debit the amount can only be varied by cancelling the DD and setting up a new one to which the customer can agree or not.

If a variable DD is set up, often with credit cards or phones, the supplier can only take the amount after informing the customer of the amount to be taken and on which date.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK, Using a referral code kindly given to me from @User9609. I have signed up with Bulb.

So, happy to spread the love too so if anyone else want's a code to sign up and get £50, happy to refer.

Skibird

I think the last time i said i was thinking of going elsewhere Sky mentioned a 60 pound penalty or something like that. Getting through to Sky is difficult. The phone lines are automated which is a problem for me.
You can do "live chat" on line if you have a problem calling them, or if you do call them, immediately ask them to call you back. You are paying way over the odds for "just broadband".

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I sent Sky an e-mail the other day. God knows which section i sent it under,but so far they haven't replied to it. I'm going to try again as i think the rip off £37.79 is due to be taken from me soon. Do any of you know how to get through to them?! So far i've just been sent round the houses. I end up back where i started. I'd just tell my bank to stop any payments to them,but then i'd be without the internet.

Skibird

I sent Sky an e-mail the other day. God knows which section i sent it under,but so far they haven't replied to it. I'm going to try again as i think the rip off £37.79 is due to be taken from me soon. Do any of you know how to get through to them?! So far i've just been sent round the houses. I end up back where i started. I'd just tell my bank to stop any payments to them,but then i'd be without the internet.

Call 03337593328, listen to the options then when the phone is answered, which can take a while depending when you call, immdiately ask them, but politely if they could call you back, say you are running out of credit. Tell them how cheapley you can get broadband elsewhere and/or tell them you want a lot more for your money. I have, many times told them i'd leave if they would not give me a much better deal and they have always given me what I wanted and even on the only time they initially said they couldn't, I told them I was leaving and started the procedure, BUT as you have to give them 30 days notice, within a few days of this notice they were chasing me on a daily basis offering me this deal of that which I totally ignored, then with just afew days of the notice left they were suddenly able to give me the deal I wanted, I have been on that deal for nearly 2 years now. You must be prepared to start the cancellation procedure, which you or SKY can stop immediately at any time during the 30 days.

classic33

Leg End Member
Call 03337593328, listen to the options then when the phone is answered, which can take a while depending when you call, immdiately ask them, but politely if they could call you back, say you are running out of credit. Tell them how cheapley you can get broadband elsewhere and/or tell them you want a lot more for your money. I have, many times told them i'd leave if they would not give me a much better deal and they have always given me what I wanted and even on the only time they initially said they couldn't, I told them I was leaving and started the procedure, BUT as you have to give them 30 days notice, within a few days of this notice they were chasing me on a daily basis offering me this deal of that which I totally ignored, then with just afew days of the notice left they were suddenly able to give me the deal I wanted, I have been on that deal for nearly 2 years now. You must be prepared to start the cancellation procedure, which you or SKY can stop immediately at any time during the 30 days.
£2 a minute.

Top Bottom