Utility supplier gone bust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Of course, it also gives the energy company more control - they could potentially cut you off via the smart meter - or so I have seen people say so make your own mind up

Or maybe read the relevant legislation on it. Energy companies need to give at least 7 days notice before cutting you off, and that's after they have offered you a range of ways to settle your outstanding bill - to get to this point will have taken several months. Or are you suggesting energy companies might just cut you off for a laugh?

More info here.
https://www.nationaldebtline.org/fa...ppliers must give you,have not paid your bill.

Or maybe read the relevant legislation on it. Energy companies need to give at least 7 days notice before cutting you off, and that's after they have offered you a range of ways to settle your outstanding bill - to get to this point will have taken several months. Or are you suggesting energy companies might just cut you off for a laugh?

More info here.
https://www.nationaldebtline.org/fact-sheet-library/gas-and-electricity-arrears-ew/#:~:text=Gas and electricity companies cannot,methods to help you pay.&text=Gas suppliers must give you,have not paid your bill.
True - they shouldn't

Drago

Legendary Member
Nah, was reading t'news when it popped up as "Breaking News". Its like breaking wind, but smellier,

Moved from Bulb (to EDF) only last month. Luckily they paid me back what was sitting in the account.
Balance is protected in anycase, sounds like bulb customers are now going to be government customers on the same tariff, so I hope your move was onto a cheaper rate.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Saw this on the BBC this morning - I'm with them at the moment so immediately noted the gas & electric meter readings and submitted them through the Bulb website and took back-up photos as well. I've got about £50 credit with them as it stands.

Saw this on the BBC this morning - I'm with them at the moment so immediately noted the gas & electric meter readings and submitted them through the Bulb website and took back-up photos as well. I've got about £50 credit with them as it stands.
Good call. Will do similar

Top Bottom