Uttoxeter LD61YLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After reading the post, I would award all 14 guys a medal for total restraint. When he reversed in the carpark and was prepared to mow down 2 of the guys, most sane people would have relocated his jaws.

Being today's CC cynic-on-duty, I'll donate a tenner to a Uttoxeter charity if plod do anything beyond pointing out that "you were two-abreast, sir" and that "there's not enough evidence to prosecute". I'd love to be proved wrong, but no dead body usually means no action.

The post reveals more than the video. If this guy is not prosecuted, I would personally intervene.

Dommo

Veteran
Does anyone know if this ended up getting reported to the police? I believe that was the plan but I didn't see any update on the Uttoxeter club site or FB page. I'm interested to see what happens with such blatant dangerous behaviour and good evidence.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Does anyone know if this ended up getting reported to the police? I believe that was the plan but I didn't see any update on the Uttoxeter club site or FB page. I'm interested to see what happens with such blatant dangerous behaviour and good evidence.
From the Facebook - 5th March
Uttoxeter Cycling ClubJust an update. This incident has been reported to Staffordshire Police who appeared to take the issue very seriously. As a Club we will continue to cooperate with the Police and allow them to do their job.

We had an incident on a club run a couple of years ago which the police failed to take action on, a letter from the club to the Chief Constable (which automatically gets the IPCC involved) resulted in a prosecution.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My club had a similar incident as well.

The driver went loopy at them until it was (too politely) pointed out to him that the riders he was yelling at included two police officers.

He calmed down rather quickly after that

No it doesn't.

It was the impression we got as we wrote to the CC and got a reply from the IPCC saying it had been referred to them, I suppose it must depend on the circumstances.

silvervanplumberman

Über Member
Good evening all,
I was one of the riders in the group, the one at the very front on the curbside of the road. I recieved a letter from the police yesterday (15th Aug 2015) and can confirm that the driver of the vehicle has been ordered to attend a driver awareness course which he has to pay for (approx £100 plus a days salary) and he will be on driver probation for 3 years. To be honest with you all, I'm quiet happy with this outcome. Something is better than nothing and he may learn something on his course.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Good evening all,
I was one of the riders in the group, the one at the very front on the curbside of the road. I recieved a letter from the police yesterday (15th Aug 2015) and can confirm that the driver of the vehicle has been ordered to attend a driver awareness course which he has to pay for (approx £100 plus a days salary) and he will be on driver probation for 3 years. To be honest with you all, I'm quiet happy with this outcome. Something is better than nothing and he may learn something on his course.
Well that's probably the best we can all expect. I'm glad they did something.

Top Bottom