V-brake spring adjuster screws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Anyone know what I need to look for so that I can replace these? After all the salt this winter mine are now a horrid rusty-brown colour :thumbsup:

I'm looking for the little screws for adjusting how strong the spring back is (so where the pads position themselves when they spring back after braking).

I had a look at CRC's bit on brake spares but I couldn't work out what I was looking for. :ohmy:

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Unless I am mistaken you are talking about the screws that go in from the sides at the bottom left and right corner of this photo?

I would try a LBS. Am not sure if they are always the same size, but I am certain they don't always have the same head, depending on the make and model.

buddha

Veteran
Alternatively (if you are a tight g!t :thumbsup:) you could pull some screws from something like an old VCR / CD drive etc.

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Thanks.

Those are the ones. If there aren't specific spares for them then I'll just work through the screws in my toolbox, I've got to find 4 that will fit.

(The brakes are brandless cheepies so I doubt I could get a specific make for them)

Top Bottom