Vacuum Storage Bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Has anybody managed to buy any that actually work & don't leak so they become big again?

tom73

Guru
Yes we've a few from pack-mate never had a problem.
Only time we have is when we've not been sealed them right.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yes we use them a lot. Ours come from Dunelm but I don't know the brand. Obviously some get ripped or damaged but that's to be expected.

The small, travel size ones are superb for packing stuff for cycle touring. I always use them on your.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you're putting clothes you are not wearing into bags you clearly need to downsize your wardrobe. I guarantee once they go in those bags they'll stay there for years. Take all these unused items to the charity shop. You'll feel much better and save a load of space, what's more you won't need any vacuum storage bags. Problem solved :- )

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If you're putting clothes you are not wearing into bags you clearly need to downsize your wardrobe. I guarantee once they go in those bags they'll stay there for years. Take all these unused items to the charity shop. You'll feel much better and save a load of space, what's more you won't need any vacuum storage bags. Problem solved :- )
Depends how organised you are. I've got into a habit if rotating summer or winter clothes into storage by season, as my wardrobe is v small. Works pretty well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

It's duvets & pullowsfor the grandsprogs when they stay take up a lot of room

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Depends how organised you are. I've got into a habit if rotating summer or winter clothes into storage by season, as my wardrobe is v small. Works pretty well.

Yep, my wife and I are both the same and it makes a huge difference to the ease of keeping clothes in the wardrobe. What's the point of hanging winter clothes in a wardrobe unused for 8-9 months of the year?

Like @Phaeton we also use them to store duvets, sheets, blankets, pillows and all sorts of other stuff which is only needed occasionally. Plus things which simply can't be thrown away - my wife's wedding dress for example. She'll never wear it but it isn't getting binned.

Just to emphasise my other point. The travel size ones are brilliant on tour. Keeping everything clean, dry and less than 25% of volume.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I think the idea is to vacuum the bags with contents down to a small size and then cram them into a small space.
That way it won't matter if they leak as they won't be going anywhere ! :whistle:
We had them like that for storage under the seats of the caravan, but each time we went back they had expanded & took up the whole space, hence why we are looking for a GOOD make, bought some Packmate off Amazon & they have just been delivered.

Top Bottom