Valentines Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Al always used to bring me a bunch of snowdrops freshly cut from the garden which I thought was a lovely romantic gesture.
We moved house 3 years ago and now have a garden which is a barren wasteland. Every Valentine's day I think "I wish I'd remembered to plant some snowdrop bulbs last October "
Sadly, we're just not that organised.

What's cats got to do with Valentines Day. :wacko: :laugh:

14th of February is also St Gertrude's Day.

Saint Gertrude of Nivelles is the patron saint of cats, ergo we celebrate her feast day here chez Casa Reynard. :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Lovely fiancee has spoken of wanting to sleep in a castle, so I took her on a surprise night out on Thursday. We went to @Mo1959 land; the Knock Castle hotel in Crieff, Perthshire. We both love Perthshire, it's our favourite part of Scotland. The hotel was excellent; and dinner was had at a French bistro type restaurant in Crieff town centre; again excellent. Home on Friday after a very wet drive through Perthshire, then we went to a nice local restaurant for dinner. All in all, a most pleasant Valentine's break. :wub:

Milzy

Guru
It was ruined for us as other half had to organise a women and child to flee to a safe shelter at the other side of the country after her Albanian husband gave them an ongoing onslaught of physical/mental abuse. Had to be done regardless of been above her pay grade. The women wouldn't talk to anybody else and thanked her for helping her escape. Sadly it has left the better half all emotional for a few days. They're now looking into deporting the Albanian who only married for a British pass port.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lovely fiancee has spoken of wanting to sleep in a castle, so I took her on a surprise night out on Thursday. We went to @Mo1959 land; the Knock Castle hotel in Crieff, Perthshire. We both love Perthshire, it's our favourite part of Scotland. The hotel was excellent; and dinner was had at a French bistro type restaurant in Crieff town centre; again excellent. Home on Friday after a very wet drive through Perthshire, then we went to a nice local restaurant for dinner. All in all, a most pleasant Valentine's break. :wub:
Glad you enjoyed it. Many of the locals complain about the state of the town with shops closing, buildings neglected, etc. but it still has many positives. I find it is the perfect balance of reasonable amenities and decent walking and cycling.

Mrs M

Guru
It was ruined for us as other half had to organise a women and child to flee to a safe shelter at the other side of the country after her Albanian husband gave them an ongoing onslaught of physical/mental abuse. Had to be done regardless of been above her pay grade. The women wouldn't talk to anybody else and thanked her for helping her escape. Sadly it has left the better half all emotional for a few days. They're now looking into deporting the Albanian who only married for a British pass port.
Well done to your other half going “the extra mile” for this woman and child.
Your other half sounds like a very special lady

AuroraSaab

Veteran
We agreed to not bother with cards and gifts as we are on an economy drive. I did get a 20 litre tub of alloy wheel cleaner for £6 from Euro Car Parts though, which I will use to clean engine parts on my Saab restoration. Was hoping there'd be bargain chocolate at Asda on Saturday morning but sadly not.

Top Bottom