Value Ice cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Damn. I knew I should have gone for VB. (And Timtams are Penguins with added sugar and even less chocolate.)
I don't even know why you are arguing with me. You were the one saying that the British will continue to eat an inferior "ice cream" that isn't even offered for sale in Australia. My suggestion of the less refined palate might explain your belief.

But yes, food is better in Melbourne than London. Coffee is excellent and has been since at least the 80s - 50s if you knew where to find it. Starbucks has twice failed to gain a foothold. Mcdonalds is everywhere, sadly, but they do sell acceptable coffee and surprisingly good macaroons - that they do not call McAroons. (Mcdonalds is the only thing open landside at Melbourne airport at 11pm.). Mccafe was started in Melbourne, 'cause you they would lose a lot of customers if they didn't offer espresso.

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
I don't even know why you are arguing with me. You were the one saying that the British will continue to eat an inferior "ice cream" that isn't even offered for sale in Australia. My suggestion of the less refined palate might explain your belief.

But yes, food is better in Melbourne than London. Coffee is excellent and has been since at least the 80s - 50s if you knew where to find it. Starbucks has twice failed to gain a foothold. Mcdonalds is everywhere, sadly, but they do sell acceptable coffee and surprisingly good macaroons - that they do not call McAroons. (Mcdonalds is the only thing open landside at Melbourne airport at 11pm.). Mccafe was started in Melbourne, 'cause you they would lose a lot of customers if they didn't offer espresso.

I think I've been mixed up yet again!, I wasn't arguing with anybody just giving a possible reason for Fosters popularity?.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm not really arguing, I'm just being mildly cheeky - like you. Apart from the inevitable bucket-loads of Australian wine I've drunk my experience of Australian food is limited to what Australian colleagues have brought in and raved about. Quite frankly, it's all been total junk. Unlike certain people I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying total junk every so often.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Found this imposter in the freezer tonight,had to try it and very nice.

View attachment 146706

Had the above with the below last night scrummy or what.

WP_20161006_010.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Going back to the subject of ice cream, i sometimes buy the own brand cornets as they taste the same as stuff like Cornettos, but are much cheaper. The downside is the wrappers are much harder to get off and when you eventually do you sometimes find the bloody cornet is broken in half!:headshake:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Washed down with lots of booze as you took the photo standing on your head?
Sorry but no been tea total for years

Going back to the subject of ice cream, i sometimes buy the own brand cornets as they taste the same as stuff like Cornettos, but are much cheaper.
Cornettos, of course!
You might be right, but as I said up thread, Australia differentiates between ice cream and products with zero cream and the latter don't exist.
I like cornettos, but they do not taste like ice cream. Yup, cornettos in Australian avoid saying "ice cream" anywhere on their packaging.

Top Bottom