Value Ice cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Two words: Artic. Roll.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Air, mostly. The machine more or less doubles the volume of the mixture.

Air...mmmmmmmmm

upload_2016-10-6_15-14-54.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
McDonald's McFlurry is surprisingly good and, like all their stuff, consistent.

Kit Kat flavour is on offer at the minute.

I think the best is Cadbury's Creme Egg.

U

User482

and it will still sell better than the artisanal stuff.

I have a real soft spot for Mr Whippy, even though (or because) I rarely had it as a child. It may have been invented by an evil milk-snatcher, and it may be a completely artificial industrial by-product of the oil industry, but it's an extremely well-crafted product. And at heart it's just whey, fat, sugar and flavouring - which is exactly what's in the finest hand-crafted small-batch organic free-range ice-cream anyone can imagine.

I too rarely had it, and at home we would have the cheap supermarket stuff. I don't have any desire to consume either product, on account of them being unutterable shite.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I find Kelly's sickeningly sweet - and I like Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough...

By chance, we have some Kelly's in the freezer at the moment, so I just had a taste and... hmmmm.

Texture is properly smooth and creamy, but it's very light on the vanilla flavour and yes, extremely sweet.

The British palate is not very refined? I have two words for you. Tim-tams and Fosters.
Thank you for making my point. Wikipedia
"Foster's annual sales amount to around 500 megalitres worldwide, largely buoyed by UK sales, where it is the second highest selling beer after Carling.[3]"

(and Tim Tams are penguins with added cultural baggage)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Thank you for making my point. Wikipedia
"Foster's annual sales amount to around 500 megalitres worldwide, largely buoyed by UK sales, where it is the second highest selling beer after Carling.[3]"

(and Tim Tams are penguins with added cultural baggage)
Damn. I knew I should have gone for VB. (And Timtams are Penguins with added sugar and even less chocolate.)

keithmac

Guru
Fosters is constant on offer from Tesco and the like for 20 can boxes, probably adds to it's popularity..

Adam4868

Guru
VB takes me back a bit,went to Oz for a few years when I was 18,schooners of beer ! If that's how you spell it....

VB takes me back a bit,went to Oz for a few years when I was 18,schooners of beer ! If that's how you spell it....
That feels wrong. At least for most of my life, VB was only available on tap in Victoria (the clue is in the name), which served beer in glasses and pots. Schooners and middies were in NSW and even stranger places.

Beer sizes in Australia are very complicated

Last edited:
Top Bottom