Value of a Brompton Transit Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

Does anyone have knowledge of early Brompton Transit bags? I was given one by a friend, but I believe it to be designed to fit the earlier short wheelbase brompton (my 2007 Brompton is a very tight fit). I am considering selling the bag, so an idea of its value will help. It is very tough construction, with 2 rollers (and 2 'sliders; ) underneath. There are also 2 inner pockets, one of which is zipped. It has the brompton logo with a triangle ie is before the 'Brompton folding steps' logo.
TIA.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Sounds like the Brompton B-bag:

sac-de-transport-brompton-b-bag-velo-pliant.jpg

earlier versions had the triangle you mention:
61Qn2ohG2iL._AC_SY741_.jpg

The bag was introduced in 2005 under the name "soft case roller bag", so no doubt designed for the MK4 bikes with the longer frame. Here in Germany they sell for around 90€ in (used, in good condition). New they costed 174€ in 2006 and 199€ in 2019 (last year before they were replaced). In the UK prices were typically recognizably cheaper. It is not a collector's item if you speculate on that.

OP
OP
F

Fastpedaller

That's the one - I'm surprised it's for the longer frame bike because mine is a very tight squeeze to get in - maybe my slightly longer seatpost is the deciding factor? Thanks for your insight.

Top Bottom