Value these wheels - maybe sell??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kernow_T

Über Member
What would be a fair price for these wheels - not desperate to sell but will at a mutually keen price.
They're less than 2 years old and have done less than 2000 miles. Wear marks on rims clearly visible.
Super smooth and lovely and true
SHIMANO CS81 C35 carbon clinchers 10/11sp
Also happy to discuss interest/offers but difficult to know what to ask - were £750 new from LBS (not that it matters)

Attachments

• IMG_20171231_113201479.jpg
    IMG_20171231_113201479.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20171231_113155727.jpg
    IMG_20171231_113155727.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20171231_113013386.jpg
    IMG_20171231_113013386.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 46

vickster

Legendary Member
What do they go for used on eBay, a good indicator of price

Ultimately, they are worth what someone who wants them is willing to pay :smile:

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
What do they go for used on eBay, a good indicator of price

Ultimately, they are worth what someone who wants them is willing to pay :smile:
Indeed - have seen on eBay for 325-400 not quite as good condition often but happy to 'give' a bit to forum users after all we also 'receive' from one another.

broady

Veteran
I'd change lbs if you paid £750 for them as that's well above the rrp.
They are nice wheels though. I' just put them up for sale at the price you wanted and see what offers come in and keep an eye out as ebay often put on sell for £1 offers on (I've sold 6 bikes on those offers ranging from £100-£550 and was happy to give ebay there £6 )

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
I'd change lbs if you paid £750 for them as that's well above the rrp.
They are nice wheels though. I' just put them up for sale at the price you wanted and see what offers come in and keep an eye out as ebay often put on sell for £1 offers on (I've sold 6 bikes on those offers ranging from £100-£550 and was happy to give ebay there £6 )
Yes. Now aware that an easy 20% could have been saved but hey-ho.
Very similar went for 350 on eBay (albeit no one took exactlynthe same wheels when 275 a few days before)so think I'm happy to end up with £250 - does that sound very reasonable?

broady

Veteran
I think that £250 is a reasonable price.
You might want to put when they were last serviced when you put them up for sale and a good picture of the rim wear.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
I think that £250 is a reasonable price.
You might want to put when they were last serviced when you put them up for sale and a good picture of the rim wear.
Yes of course. Will get them serviced give them a once over then get some pics up. They're in lovely condition so confident someone will get a great buy

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Kk. Will see if there's interest here. Just been serviced and in perfect order. Will get a couple of pics up in coming days - but really good condition as you'd expect from a wheelset like this that's done just a little over 1500 (almost exclusively dry - this is Cornwall!) miles
£250 plus postage/fees.
Hold on for pics - baby due Saturday!!!

Now you've established a price, as per the rules, all sales must be conducted in the For Sale forum, so I'd appreciate if you could start a new thread there please @Kernow_T Fingers and toes crossed for Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom