Valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes that's looks like it will fit the valve core.
I run about 30ml in a 25 mm tyre if your not bothered so much about weight and speed add more it won't do any harm . Bigger tyre will require more but I presume yours are giant gravia 25mm that are on my TCR as well
Isn’t the bike a Bianchi? :scratch:

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Yes that's looks like it will fit the valve core.
I run about 30ml in a 25 mm tyre if your not bothered so much about weight and speed add more it won't do any harm . Bigger tyre will require more but I presume yours are giant gravia 25mm that are on my TCR as well

Yes mine are Giant Gravia 25mm

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-Tube...1Kasce981gMIrmM-kxobdeOBdMNuV8IaAoLzEALw_wcB#
Something like this makes life easy . You can get similar sryinges for feeding lambs which will be cheaper . You will need the little key to remove the valve core . Giant do their own sealant which is what was probably fitted . I am currently using muc off and can vouch for it working . Stan's sealant appears to the well rated as does orange sealant

Hi there

If I wanted to, is it possible just to revert back to inner tubes?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Yes - just remove the 'tubeless' valve and use a tube in the normal way.

13 rider

Guru
You just need to make sure your inner tube has a long enough valve if running deep section wheels ie 50mm wheels will need a 60mm plus valve

Ajax Bay

Guru
my Giant TCR Advanced which are tubeless
I've never replaced the sealant - how do I do this
How long have you had the bike ?
(Not answered)
New bikes rarely come tubeless due to the shelf like if the sealant being relatively short.
Giant TCR Advanced
"The wheels . . . are set up tubeless though – Giant supplies ready-to-go tubeless so that all you need to do yourself is to add the sealant, since that of course has a shelf life."
What's the betting that there's never been any sealant in either tyre?
On the plus side that'd mean that taking a quarter of rim off would be easy enough and pour some sealant in. And of course the rear tyre may not have any sealant in either - so do that one too.
The tyre on the front is keeping the air in
What drop in pressure do you get over a few days in the front tyre?

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
(Not answered)

Giant TCR Advanced
"The wheels . . . are set up tubeless though – Giant supplies ready-to-go tubeless so that all you need to do yourself is to add the sealant, since that of course has a shelf life."
On the plus side that'd mean that taking a quarter of rim off would be easy enough and pour some sealant in. And of course the rear tyre may not have any sealant in either - so do that one too.

Search YouTube for how to set up tubeless tyres loads of useful videos I like the GCN ones .
How long have you had the bike ? . As a tough guide your sealant needs checking every six months or sooner

I've had the bike for a year

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
(Not answered)

Giant TCR Advanced

I'm not sure the exact amount of drop in the pressure. The back tyre goes down completely within a few hours. The front tyre keeps firm for about a week.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
If I was to go back to using tubes, can I still use the Gravia tyres with tubes in them or do I need to change tyres? If I need to change tyres, I've got the following tyres: Continental Ultrasport, Continental Grandsport Race or Schwalbe Durano Plus - what ones would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance

J

13 rider

Guru
After a year I suspect there will be very little sealant left in the tyre . I was recommended to do it every six months
Your wheel rims are designed to be tubeless so I believe you will need to fit a tyre that is designed to be tubeless
Yes you can use tubes in the giant gravia tyres . As the wheel and gravia tyre were designed together these will be the easiest to fit .

Top Bottom