Van driver is sacked by his firm after CCTV footage shows him swerving into a cyclist.

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by thomas, 13 Apr 2010.

1. thomas

thomas the tank engine

a van driver is sacked by his firm after CCTV footage shows him swerving into a cyclist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rz360

It's a shame there isn't a link to the footage/story on what happened...but the show might be of interest to some.

I won't be listening as I need to pop out, so if anyone does hear it let me know if it's worth listening to :biggrin:

(some people with helmet cameras might like to ring the show...possibly)

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

Listening now, thanks for the tip.

3. dodgy

dodgy Guru

I would recommend you don't listen if you're likely to be bothered by the brain dead contributions from the callers. You just know what's going to happen, I have just been around the house and tuned all the radios away from Radio 2 :biggrin:

4. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

My decision to give up road cycling would seem timely :cold:. This case just represents the tip of an ice berg of hate directed at cyclists in the UK.

5. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

I suppose from the high vantage point of your truck you can easily see cyclists and give us a wide berth ...

6. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Jeremy Vine still attracting morons then? I gave up on his prog a long time ago.:cold:

7. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

Here we go .................

"Leave it Lee, leave it!"

How about the attitude of drivers to cyclists as per the instant article :cold:?

8. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

9. Ben M

Ben M Senior Member

They just mentioned it again, it is "coming up next".

10. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Just starting now (well, after the news) and it's off to a good start... Jeremy introducing it with "Next, the cyclist who got a driver sacked".... so nothing to do with the driver's sh*t driving then? :cold:

11. Sh4rkyBloke

Now it's "some cyclists have an almost militant attitude towards other motorists"

12. gouldina

gouldina New Member

"Cyclist could have been further over to the left".

13. Sh4rkyBloke

Now speaking to the Director of the company who sacked the driver - it seems they have CCTV in the cabs which record audio and video - after the complaint by the cyclist they reviewed the footage and sacked the driver.

Seems like a reasonable chap, although he's now saying that the cyclist *could* have been further over to the left and that he didn't do much in the way to help matters when the van was behind him. He is saying that the driving was dangerous though, so not all bad.

Blimey - all over now? About 3 minutes worth. No nutters phoning in??????

14. Brahan

Brahan Über Member

That it?

15. Sh4rkyBloke

Bit more now - messages being read out.

2 people for the driver (cyclists are all bad, don't indicate blah blah blah), and 1 saying the driver should be banned for life for dangerous driving.

Bit pointless really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice