Van driver is sacked by his firm after CCTV footage shows him swerving into a cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
a van driver is sacked by his firm after CCTV footage shows him swerving into a cyclist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rz360

It's a shame there isn't a link to the footage/story on what happened...but the show might be of interest to some.

I won't be listening as I need to pop out, so if anyone does hear it let me know if it's worth listening to :biggrin:

(some people with helmet cameras might like to ring the show...possibly)

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Listening now, thanks for the tip.

dodgy

I would recommend you don't listen if you're likely to be bothered by the brain dead contributions from the callers. You just know what's going to happen, I have just been around the house and tuned all the radios away from Radio 2 :biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
My decision to give up road cycling would seem timely :cold:. This case just represents the tip of an ice berg of hate directed at cyclists in the UK.

Crankarm

Guru
User3143 said:
I can and do. I was refering to your attitude towards cycling - it's not all bad. Me thinks you should get the train down from Cambridge to London and do a FRNttC some time.

Here we go .................

"Leave it Lee, leave it!"

How about the attitude of drivers to cyclists as per the instant article :cold:?

Ben M

They just mentioned it again, it is "coming up next".

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Just starting now (well, after the news) and it's off to a good start... Jeremy introducing it with "Next, the cyclist who got a driver sacked".... so nothing to do with the driver's sh*t driving then? :cold:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Now speaking to the Director of the company who sacked the driver - it seems they have CCTV in the cabs which record audio and video - after the complaint by the cyclist they reviewed the footage and sacked the driver.

Seems like a reasonable chap, although he's now saying that the cyclist *could* have been further over to the left and that he didn't do much in the way to help matters when the van was behind him. He is saying that the driving was dangerous though, so not all bad.

Blimey - all over now? About 3 minutes worth. No nutters phoning in??????

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Bit more now - messages being read out.

2 people for the driver (cyclists are all bad, don't indicate blah blah blah), and 1 saying the driver should be banned for life for dangerous driving.

Bit pointless really.

Top Bottom