Van hire advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
Hello. I've tapped in some details on Budget's website for 8 days of van hire in late June. I was pleasantly surprised at the price of c£132. I suspect there might be extra charges and pitfalls waiting for me.

Any advice?

*I asked them to email me the details but they've not arrived yet.

Levo-Lon

Guru
You would be correct, either at the start or the end... Enjoy

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I recently hired a Luton from Enterprise.
I was pleasantly surprised when on returning the van with less fuel than when I collected it they charged me just £1 per litre.

Zanelad

Guru
^^^ This. Check it very closely, mention any mark or tiny dent to the staff. I'd photograph them too. I always take the cdw. Also, be very careful shutting the rear doors. Get them in the right order. I didn't one time and the lock made a very small ding in the edge of the other door. Cost me my £250 excess. Be wary of the vans height. IIRC and "overhead" damage is down to you, not the vans insurance!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've always used Practical Van rental. Smaller outfit which I think is franchised, never had a problem with them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Be wary of the vans height. IIRC and "overhead" damage is down to you, not the vans insurance!

white-van-wedged-under-an-historic-Caernarfon-bridge-arch.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
The rental companies lease in such huge numbers they are getting many vehicles types for less than £100 a month, one of my customers has a 3008 new for £85 a month.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Video it walking round and take loads of photos on your phone, before and after.

Top Bottom