Van Moof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I do like the look of the Van Moof bikes, but I wouldn't bother with that one. I really don't see the point. I am sure there are those who would buy one though.

I read about that particular model on Google news last week.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not even a link, and that was provided by another forum user.

It looks pointless. Fat tyres and suspension. It will need a blooming motor to shift it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
And to quote Van Moof (with my bolding)

So it won't do 31mph in the UK unless you pedal it up to that speed (or override the country setting making it illegal to use)

What I expect will happen is Van Moof will supply the UK bikes with the speed limit set to 15.5mph as a nod to the regulations.

But it will be fairly easy for the user to change the settings.

Worth remembering buying, selling, or possessing such a bike is not illegal, only using it on anything other than fully enclosed private land.

classic33

Leg End Member
What I expect will happen is Van Moof will supply the UK bikes with the speed limit set to 15.5mph as a nod to the regulations.

But it will be fairly easy for the user to change the settings.

Worth remembering buying, selling, or possessing such a bike is not illegal, only using it on anything other than fully enclosed private land*.
*With the landowners permission.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Another thread that is going swimmingly well.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
37 mph is what it said don't shoot the messenger.
It's a moof(t) point, but this is why it is always better to post links to your information and as much info as possible in threads. Either way, misinformation and inaccuracies aren't uncommon in new releases...

OP
OP
B

Biker man

They'll be disappointed then. The current regulations only permit a maximum of three wheels on an e-assist cycle before it's classified as a "motor vehicle". And a maximum speed of 20mph.

They might, but then they'd be motor bikes, not e-assist under the EPAC regulations. Which over here, allows the use of four wheels, which is why DHL are trialling their cargo quads here.
They and UPS see no changes being made in the US to the current regulations that would allow them to use them over there.
Neither company is small either.
They did a survey of ebike owners and the vast majority wanted more speed.
It's a moof(t) point, but this is why it is always better to post links to your information and as much info as possible in threads. Either way, misinformation and inaccuracies aren't uncommon in new releases...
I would if I knew how to do it Dave this is not
Nowhere does it mention a 700 watt motor. It says 700wh battery.
It says 700watt engine.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It looks like it's just a concept at the moment, right? It'll be interesting to see how it turns out if and when it goes into production. It looks pretty awful to me right now, especially if you're expecting to pedal it anywhere rather than rely on the motor.

Top Bottom