Van projects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Leeds reading music festival?

DiggyGun

I have fitted some furniture legs to the side wall and floor with Velcro to hold the bike in place. No movement at all.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I like that - neat, simple, effective. Nicely done :okay:

I spent a little more time on the van this afternoon, I think it's pretty close to being ready for its weekend adventure. I'm a little sad I won't be going along for the ride :laugh:

Fitted the trim along the edge of the new ply floor to neaten things up a bit - makes a nice visual difference now you can't see the edge anymore 😊 I've fitted the same trim along the edge at the back too :okay:

Next in went the fridge - plugged in to one of the new sockets and immediately it fired in to life, fairly quickly cooling down to the 4 degree's I'd set it to... There is a voltage display on the screen of the fridge, while the compressor was running it never dropped below 12.6V which suggests the solar panel is doing its job nicely despite it being cloudy today. At times it was over 14V when the sun poked its head out behind the clouds momentarily, so on bright days the fridge could run non-stop and the leisure battery will still be charging. Good stuff...

While the fridge was cooling down I put the awning up again on a whim. No real reason, just felt like it :laugh:

I got all the rivnuts fitted in the bedframe so was able to screw the ply down. Seems solid enough, I laid on it and wiggle around and none of the welds popped open which is a good start :laugh: Feeling pretty pleased with myself I gave the floor a quick sweep and made it look a bit prettier.

I then sat down to relax with a nice cold drink :laugh:

With the guts of it done it just needs making comfy now - I've told Mrs Bssll that can be her job. She's already talking about putting decals on the outside :sad::laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I found some bits on eBay and couldn't resist so these turned up this afternoon...

They're a different shade of white than the rest of the van but I've been waiting so long for a pair to come up in decent condition that I snapped them up anyway. I can always sticker bomb them later :laugh:

As per usual I couldn't wait and got stuck in then ended up finishing the job in the dark :whistle:

The most time consuming bit was removing the rear view camera and re-running the cables.

The colour match got better and better as it got darker, it's amost perfect now :laugh:

I haven't swapped the lock barrel yet because the new door came with a barrel fitted and no key so it's going to be a pig to remove. I'll get the rear windows tinted at some point too :okay:

I also found a sliding door with factory fitted window so snapped that up too... It's a long way away so I'll have to collect it at some point in the next few weeks then get that one fitted too 😄

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Looks less Van like with the windows, are you going to paint them?

I think it'll be fine with mismatched doors - its a small price to pay for windows :smile: I was concerned that someone would break in thinking it was full of tools or something - this way they'll see enough to know it's empty and they'd have to look up at the ceiling to see the TV so fingers crossed it should be a deterrent 😊

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I think it'll be fine with mismatched doors - its a small price to pay for windows :smile: I was concerned that someone would break in thinking it was full of tools or something - this way they'll see enough to know it's empty and they'd have to look up at the ceiling to see the TV so fingers crossed it should be a deterrent 😊
I hope you finished the kitchen before you started on that van again “ i heard johns wife shout out the unfinished porch window” lol……and when are you going to finish thermalising that garage, my van will get cold in there lol

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I hope you finished the kitchen before you started on that van again “ i heard johns wife shout out the unfinished porch window” lol……and when are you going to finish thermalising that garage, my van will get cold in there lol

I've fitted all the bits in the kitchen that weren't damaged or missing, now waiting for more bits to arrive :laugh:

Top Bottom