Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Tomorrow will be 100 days without smoking and £890 not spent on baccy ^_^
I also have three mates that have quit smoking and now vape .

Congratulations. Well done.:wahhey:

tyred

Legendary Member
Tomorrow will be 100 days without smoking and £890 not spent on baccy ^_^
I also have three mates that have quit smoking and now vape .

Brilliant. It's a decision you will never regret.:bravo:

No more kicking the TV screen when the chancellor announces how much fags have gone up in the budget :okay:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Well presumably there are ingredients to buy which cost money!
I'm not I'm going to mix my own :okay:

Started mixing my own this last week. 200ml of Propylene Glycol, 200 ml of Vegetable glycerine, five 10 ml bottles of flavour concentrate, 50 ml of nicotine base, plus a handful of mixing bottles and a syringe to measure and mix came to £38. Compare that with a premixed bottle of juice which costs between eight quid and a tenner for 20ml and you'll see where the savings are. At a 50/50 PG to VG mix @ .6% nicotine that's a saving of over £200, and several months happy vaping. My battery unit cost £40, (e-leaf iStick 30) which is protected circuit Li Ion rechargeable,, and the tank cost £30 (Kanger Subtank mini with RBA) but came with three ready built atomisers, one of which can be rebuilt using cotton and electrical wire. Spend a bit at the outset and there are massive savings over the cost of prebuilt kits. And there's a whole new world of geekery to dip into :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd still say not doing it full stop is better given the lack of long-term safety data and concerns from expert respiratory physicians...from a sometimes smug erstwhile smoker :smile:

But certainly can't be worse than the cancer sticks if you are unable to quit the nicotine

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Started mixing my own this last week. 200ml of Propylene Glycol, 200 ml of Vegetable glycerine, five 10 ml bottles of flavour concentrate, 50 ml of nicotine base, plus a handful of mixing bottles and a syringe to measure and mix came to £38. Compare that with a premixed bottle of juice which costs between eight quid and a tenner for 20ml and you'll see where the savings are. At a 50/50 PG to VG mix @ .6% nicotine that's a saving of over £200, and several months happy vaping. My battery unit cost £40, (e-leaf iStick 30) which is protected circuit Li Ion rechargeable,, and the tank cost £30 (Kanger Subtank mini with RBA) but came with three ready built atomisers, one of which can be rebuilt using cotton and electrical wire. Spend a bit at the outset and there are massive savings over the cost of prebuilt kits. And there's a whole new world of geekery to dip into :okay:
Where do you get your stuff from mate ? I just bought pretty much the same from Totally wicked .
It also seems Europe are after the vaping market with new laws on what can and cant be sold .

Cubist

Still wavin'
Where do you get your stuff from mate ? I just bought pretty much the same from Totally wicked .
It also seems Europe are after the vaping market with new laws on what can and cant be sold .
Totally wicked. Although I also use a flavour concentrate from TJuice called Red Astaire. It mixes really well with TW's ice menthol

migrantwing

Veteran
After around 25 years of smoking Marlboro Red and Rothman's (20-30 a day) and for about a third of that time smoking roll-up's with filters, I've been using the Aspire Atlantis CF Mod for about a month now with 12mg 50/50 juice and, although it most definitely helps, I'm still smoking. Sometimes, I can go hours without a real smoke, other times the vaping just doesn't do it for me, so I end up smoking a fair few throughout the day. Someone said that your body actually craves the tar that you find in cigarettes that the vaping doesn't give you. Maybe that's my problem? I ran out of smokes last night and for about 6 hours just vaped. I went to bed feeling like I could actually breath without wheezing and clearing my throat. Stupidly, after an hour of waking up this morning, I went to the shop and bought a 12.5g pack of tobacco. The psychological faeries still have me by the short and curlies.

Very kindly, my OH's dad gave me my set up as he bought a newer model. He's in his late 50's and has all but completely given up smoking. He maybe smokes 5 cigarettes a week, if that. This coming from a guy who smoked roll-up's without filters for Lord knows how many years, so it must be working!

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
After around 25 years of smoking Marlboro Red and Rothman's (20-30 a day) and for about a third of that time smoking roll-up's with filters, I've been using the Aspire Atlantis CF Mod for about a month now with 12mg 50/50 juice and, although it most definitely helps, I'm still smoking. Sometimes, I can go hours without a real smoke, other times the vaping just doesn't do it for me, so I end up smoking a fair few throughout the day. Someone said that your body actually craves the tar that you find in cigarettes that the vaping doesn't give you. Maybe that's my problem? I ran out of smokes last night and for about 6 hours just vaped. I went to bed feeling like I could actually breath without wheezing and clearing my throat. Stupidly, after an hour of waking up this morning, I went to the shop and bought a 12.5g pack of tobacco. The psychological faeries still have me by the short and curlies.

Very kindly, my OH's dad gave me my set up as he bought a newer model. He's in his late 50's and has all but completely given up smoking. He maybe smokes 5 cigarettes a week, if that. This coming from a guy who smoked roll-up's without filters for Lord knows how many years, so it must be working!

You could maybe try 18 or 24 mg juice for a bit of added kick. I used the 24 for about a year and then 18 before going to 12 and I hope to move on to 6 soon.

I don't think vaping is a complete substitution for smoking as fags have a lot of other shoot in them too and I understand the nicotine in the ecig is absorbed in a different way which isn't as fast acting. I found I vaped like a train to begin with still combined with a few rollies a day but I found my desire to smoke gradually disappeared as I began to feel so much better very quickly and if I did have an occasional day where I smoked a lot for some reason, I would be lying in bed feeling like I was suffocating at night. I reached a point after a few months where I was having 3 a day - one before work, one in my lunch hour and one after work and none at any other time and I was not enjoying it at all - was more a case of "Oh God, I suppose I better have a smoke before I go into work - yuck I farking hate this!" and then I had road to Damascus moment when it occurred to me I didn't need to smoke those fags at all so didn't any more and this thread popping back up has reminded me that I haven't smoked in ~15 months, I genuinely hadn't even thought about it :smile:

ive done just over two years on an ecig (not one single cig since i stopped), after smoking roll ups without filters for 30 years, if you feel you are missing the kick with the ecig then trying a variable voltage battery can help, i dont understand the ins and outs but but i know a couple of people who use them and say it helps with the throat hit.

migrantwing

Veteran
You could maybe try 18 or 24 mg juice for a bit of added kick. I used the 24 for about a year and then 18 before going to 12 and I hope to move on to 6 soon.

I don't think vaping is a complete substitution for smoking as fags have a lot of other shoot in them too and I understand the nicotine in the ecig is absorbed in a different way which isn't as fast acting. I found I vaped like a train to begin with still combined with a few rollies a day but I found my desire to smoke gradually disappeared as I began to feel so much better very quickly and if I did have an occasional day where I smoked a lot for some reason, I would be lying in bed feeling like I was suffocating at night. I reached a point after a few months where I was having 3 a day - one before work, one in my lunch hour and one after work and none at any other time and I was not enjoying it at all - was more a case of "Oh God, I suppose I better have a smoke before I go into work - yuck I farking hate this!" and then I had road to Damascus moment when it occurred to me I didn't need to smoke those fags at all so didn't any more and this thread popping back up has reminded me that I haven't smoked in ~15 months, I genuinely hadn't even thought about it :smile:

Nice post! I may try as you suggested and up the nicotine amount for a while.

Well done, mucka! Good on ya!

Top Bottom