Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
ive done just over two years on an ecig (not one single cig since i stopped), after smoking roll ups without filters for 30 years, if you feel you are missing the kick with the ecig then trying a variable voltage battery can help, i dont understand the ins and outs but but i know a couple of people who use them and say it helps with the throat hit.

I wish I'd have gone for one with variable voltage. The one I have supposedly gets to your lungs, as well as your throat, offering a more satisfying alternative to a lot of e-cigs. I'll have to read up about it in more detail.

Well done!

I'd like to be smoke-free by the time I hit 40. I have 7 months and 3 days :smile:

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm using the Ego twist with a Pro-tank mini. Seems to work fine for me and it's so much better than the CE4 kit I started with.

migrantwing

Veteran
I'm using the Ego twist with a Pro-tank mini. Seems to work fine for me and it's so much better than the CE4 kit I started with.

Your set-up is a bit slimmer than mine, then. The Aspire Atlantis CF Mod is like holding a baguette! LOL!

tyred

Legendary Member
Your set-up is a bit slimmer than mine, then. The Aspire Atlantis CF Mod is like holding a baguette! LOL!

I have been tempted sometimes to get something better but above all else, I want it to be pocket friendly so have stuck to what I have. Larger liquid capacity would be nice though. I also tried the iClear 16 and the Aspire BDC but overall I prefer the Protank. It's a shame imo that all the starter kits advertised seem to use the CE4 as although they are functional and stopped me smoking, there is so much better available for very little extra outlay as the CE4s burn out very quickly and usually leak and the coil can't be replaced separately so it's more expensive long term.

migrantwing

Veteran
I have been tempted sometimes to get something better but above all else, I want it to be pocket friendly so have stuck to what I have. Larger liquid capacity would be nice though. I also tried the iClear 16 and the Aspire BDC but overall I prefer the Protank. It's a shame imo that all the starter kits advertised seem to use the CE4 as although they are functional and stopped me smoking, there is so much better available for very little extra outlay as the CE4s burn out very quickly and usually leak and the coil can't be replaced separately so it's more expensive long term.

That's the only problem with the Atlantis, it doesn't hold loads of liquid. If I have a day where I'm really chugging away, it will only last the day, maybe a day and a bit.

Agreed! A lot of the starter kits seem to skimp in that area.

Paul99

Über Member
I use a MVP3.0 with a Kanger Aerotank, but use Naturevape coils in them. If you haven't tried the NV coils and are still using the throwaway ones from a blister pack I recommend that you give them a go.

I was also a 20 a day (at least) smoker for some 30 years, not had a single cigarette since I started vaping 15 months ago.

Dayvo

just passin' through
Just pretend by 'smoking' drinking straws.

We did, when we were young, and it made us feel tough. And didn't do us any harm. And then we could drink our milk afterwards.

tyred

Legendary Member
Just pretend by 'smoking' drinking straws.

We did, when we were young, and it made us feel tough. And didn't do us any harm. And then we could drink our milk afterwards.

Now I've had a sudden urge to go out and buy a packet of those chocolate fake fags you used to get!

migrantwing

Veteran
I use a MVP3.0 with a Kanger Aerotank, but use Naturevape coils in them. If you haven't tried the NV coils and are still using the throwaway ones from a blister pack I recommend that you give them a go.

I was also a 20 a day (at least) smoker for some 30 years, not had a single cigarette since I started vaping 15 months ago.

I'll have to try the Naturevape coils, if they're compatible with the Atlantis.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Bite the bullet and spend a bit of cash. I got a Eleaf iStick 30 and a Kanger Subtank mini RBA. The tank holds 4.5ml juice, and the battery lasts all day. It has variable voltage up to 4.5 volts through a 0.6 ohm atomiser. The Atomizer itself is rebuildable using premade coils at a couple of quid for 10, and pure cotton, again a few quid for a year's supply of wicks. It gives enormous clouds of vapour, and is very satisfying. I currently use 6mg juice.

On top of that I mix my own juice. Online you can buy enough nicotine base to last forever at £18 for 250ml. I use 8ml to mix 100ml of juice. 250ml of PG costs about £6, as does Aqueous glycerine, and pure flavour concentrate costs less than a fiver for a bottle.

At my mix rate of 6% nicotine and 15% flavour that 250ml bottle of nicotine will make 31.25 x 100ml bottles of juice. Each 250ml bottle of PG and AG will make 6.25 x 100ml, and each 20ml bottle of flavour concentrate will make 2x 100ml bottles, with a secondary flavour that I use making up the rest at 4x100ml bottles per 20ml concentrate.

Therefore I can make a 100ml bottle of juice costing 57p for nicotine, £1 each of AG and PG, and about £3 for flavouring. ... less than £6 for 100ml.

Top Bottom