Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
farking great. That's why I can now smell the smoking shelter at work from 200 yards away.
I haven't had the heart yet to tell vapers that they look like they're eagerly fellating a Rampant Rabbit.
I wish they'd make more of the accoutrements in novelty shapes, e.g. an e-cig that looks like a tiny saxophone. I do keep catching vapers out of the corner of my eye and thinking that I'm in the middle of a penny whistle revival.

Lonestar

Veteran
[QUOTE 3763276, member: 45"]I keep thinking they've been to Toysrus and misunderstood what a sonic screwdriver is.[/QUOTE]

This isn't just a smokescreen?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
8 days, going strong!
Well done and keep it up ! 4th of December 2014 was the last one for me and I'm now doing timetrials with my new found lungs .

tyred

Legendary Member
I can assure you it gets better with time too. I am shocked at how easy long bike rides have become recently despite not doing that many miles this year until very recently and my low gears have become redundant.

migrantwing

Veteran
I can assure you it gets better with time too. I am shocked at how easy long bike rides have become recently despite not doing that many miles this year until very recently and my low gears have become redundant.

Can only be a good thing :smile:

migrantwing

Veteran
@Cuchilo

I was using the Aspire Atlantis with the CF mod battery (sub ohm 0.5ohm) but have now switched to an ego one (1 ohm) inhaler with a Cool Fire II mod and battery (looks like a hand grenade. Not to my taste but it was given to me) as it has variable wattage.

The Atlantis is brilliant, but had been told that it can be the equivalent of smoking 5 cigarettes at the same time (no wonder I stopped smoking!!!!) as it is more of a lung inhaler compared to other e-cigs which are mostly mouth to lung inhalers. It most definitely worked, but a word of warning...try not to use high strength nicotine e-juice with the Atlantis if you don't have a variable wattage mod. I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but apparently the Atlantis, being a lung inhaler with a non variable wattage can cause nicotine overdose and some really bad side effects. Use something with a variable wattage so that you can control the flavour and the hit that you get.

The ego one that I'm using with a Cool Fire II has a variable wattage and I'm running it at around 10watts. The flavour and the vape is excellent. It's weaker compared to the Atlantis, but I know it's not going to make me pass out and overdose on nicotine. The plus with the ego one is that I can run higher strength nicotine without OD'ing on it because of the way it's delivered compared to the Atlantis.

I found that I would use the Atlantis with the CF Mod battery (I think it runs at around 30-40w without being able to vary it) and could have 3 or 4 blasts and then not want any for anything from 15 minutes to 30 mins before having another hit. The ego one on the other hand, I find that I will vape more regulalrly to get my fix. Like I say, I don't know all there is to know about the different variations of inhalers and batteries etc, but just be careful! The write-ups and spec on a lot of these devices don't give you much information as to what is what. I find it quite confusing or lacking in information.

Last edited:

JMAG

Über Member
I stopped smoking just over 2 years ago when I started vaping. The rule of n+1 hit me quite hard when it came having all the fancy gear and the self justification isn't dissimilar to that which one might apply to n+1 bikes. After all, what price do you put on improving your health?

These were some of my devices.

20131204_115959.jpg

migrantwing

Veteran
I stopped smoking just over 2 years ago when I started vaping. The rule of n+1 hit me quite hard when it came having all the fancy gear and the self justification isn't dissimilar to that which one might apply to n+1 bikes. After all, what price do you put on improving your health?

These were some of my devices.

View attachment 94770

They look fancy! :smile:

What are they?

Top Bottom