Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reddragon

12th July 2014 was the day I first tried an ecig, and I haven't had a cigarette since. I have gone through a few different set ups and am now settled on a couple of hana boxes and a smok box, all with goblin tanks which I coil and wick myself. I make my own eliquid and vary between 0 - 3mg nicotine.
In July this year I started jogging, 12 months ago I would not have been able to breathe doing this! I am now at the stage of doing 5k in 35mins and I have now started cycling. I am getting fitter and it is my legs that hold me back, not my lungs. All down to vaping as I really enjoyed smoking so I still get the enjoyment without the nasty bits, win win. I am 42 and smoked from age 13 and was on around 15 to 20 a day.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well I went a local to my local friendly emporium (in Felixstowe) and said I was finding my evod2 a bit harsh. They told me 18mg liquid is likely the culprit. And then I bought a 40w eleaf mod and a kanger emow tank. 12mg is a lot smoother.

My only concern now is that this new setup creates a lot more vape. Gonna make being stealthy a lot tougher!

RCITGuy

I do find it surprisingly easy to forget about. I wouldn't dream of using it in front of my daughter or in any other family scene.

Amazing how it has quickly become social unacceptable, almost like your an outcast now if you smoke.. I can see it heading the same way as drinking and driving soon.

Well I went a local to my local friendly emporium (in Felixstowe) and said I was finding my evod2 a bit harsh. They told me 18mg liquid is likely the culprit. And then I bought a 40w eleaf mod and a kanger emow tank. 12mg is a lot smoother.

My only concern now is that this new setup creates a lot more vape. Gonna make being stealthy a lot tougher!

Reading this, I'm actually quite happy that I understood absolutely non of this, its like a language that I'm happy to never understand :-)

gbb

Legendary Member
i stopped over 2 years ago and TBF, i'm surprised i didnt try vaping because cold turkey was absolute murder...and i wasnt even a heavy smoker.
I have a question...
The wife generally smokes outside. Now she's started vaping, which TBH surprised the hell out of me, she's a lifelong smoker who has never indicated one ounce of desire to pack up, probably the opposite, she's previously rebutted any attempt to encourage her to stop.

I suspect i already know the answer...but now she's vaping indoors. I noticed lately ive had this incredible desire for a ciggy. No way will i but i'm surprised....is it inhaling the vapour ?....if it is, am i the first case of a passive vapourer :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
i stopped over 2 years ago and TBF, i'm surprised i didnt try vaping because cold turkey was absolute murder...and i wasnt even a heavy smoker.
I have a question...
The wife generally smokes outside. Now she's started vaping, which TBH surprised the hell out of me, she's a lifelong smoker who has never indicated one ounce of desire to pack up, probably the opposite, she's previously rebutted any attempt to encourage her to stop.

I suspect i already know the answer...but now she's vaping indoors. I noticed lately ive had this incredible desire for a ciggy. No way will i but i'm surprised....is it inhaling the vapour ?....if it is, am i the first case of a passive vapourer :laugh:

I suspect its a bit like being an alcoholic. Even though I gave up smoking 3 years ago, for me there is always the possibility ( and fear) that I could smoke again if im not careful. One day i mignt smell cigarette smoke and think god I could murder a cigarette. seeing someone smoking even an e cig could trigger the impulse, or the desire to have one. Just dont give in.

Reactions: gbb

tyred

Legendary Member
Over a year now for me and although I generally hate the smell of smoke and hate being in a room or a car where someone has been smoking, xx( I still just occasionally feel I would love a fag. :wacko:

I just try to remind myself why I stopped doing it in the first place and that it would taste disgusting and how much I appreciate the extra money (wherever it's hiding itself!), being able to breath, getting out of bed with a clear chest and actually having more time to relax as I no longer have to arrive everywhere 10 minutes early to have a smoke before I go in (and I won't be inside 10 minutes later working out excuses to go outside again for another smoke!).

If you smoke you lose on both counts - your life is both shorter and less enjoyable. Pity it took me over 20 years and a horrendous amount of money to work that out!:banghead:

RCITGuy

Cant ever imagine wanting to go back to smelling like a dustbin and coughing every day, ever again..
The only thing I want to do when I see somebody else smoking now is stay away from them because they stink :rofl:
It amazes me how/why my mrs put up with me smoking at all, even though I refused to smoke around her...

Stevec047

Über Member
I have been vaping since February this year and can definitely say there has been a huge improvement in my health.
I used to get really weazy after have a roll up and always needed a drink straight after. I also found that if I didn't have one for a long time or smoked to many I would get really bad headaches.

Since switching to a basic budget vape and menthol liquid I dont get the headaches or the need to down a pint of water.

I also dont get out of breath as much so all good here. I am sure that in 10 years time we will be hearing about the dangers of vaping and there will be plans to ban them but as I don't drink this is my only vice it's something I will live with until I make the decision to quit altogether.

Stevec047

Über Member
Cant ever imagine wanting to go back to smelling like a dustbin and coughing every day, ever again..
The only thing I want to do when I see somebody else smoking now is stay away from them because they stink :rofl:
It amazes me how/why my mrs put up with me smoking at all, even though I refused to smoke around her...
Spot on the smell makes me gag now and especially if someone comes into a room after being outside for a smoke.

The amazing thing is the almost immediate boost in smell and taste after giving up the cigs I couldnt believe it.

Stevec047

Über Member
I've just dropped down to 12mg nicotine and it's much nicer!
I chop and change it all depends on what the shop has on the shelf when I run out.

I do find the 18mg a little strong but the 11mg offer too weak and end up vaping more on that than the stronger stuff.

My issue is habit I have always had that type of personlaity that means I get into habits and find it difficult to get out of. Vaping has now become a habit granted a healthier habit but I know I should stop.

Top Bottom