Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Mix your own. It ain't rocket science.Basic ingredients are cheap: 200ml of glycerine from Boots, £1.39. A bottle of pharmaceutical grade nicotine in a PG base for less that 20 quid for 250ml (should last 6 months or so), 250mm propylene glycol from a vape shop or online about a fiver, flavours (prices vary)

I made a 150ml bottle of juice at 6mg strength the other day. 100ml glycerine 70p, nicotine less than a quid, 25ml PG about 50p, 15ml flavour about £3.00. Compared with a fiver for a 10ml bottle of ready mixed it's a huge saving.

Look at mixing sites like whatecigarette.com for recipes, it's really simple.

I use two different types of vaping kit... a dripper using a Royal Hunter and home built coils when I'm at home, and a Kanger Sub on an iStick mod. ( 100w variable with two rechargeable 18650s) Big satisfying clouds of tasty vapour... all at 5 or 6 strength.

I'm really interested in this. Having now got a nature vape coil sitting in my kanger emow tank I can change mw wicks with the need for replacing the entire head. Any day day now I'll start building my own coils too (although I am a bit daunted by the prospect). So making my own juice, wicks and coils would leave me pretty damn free of any of the local vape shops.

The biggest challenge will be finding a flavour I really like. I love one called 'red fairy' that one of my local vape shops knocks up. I've tried a LOT of flavours and it's the best by far. I'm having no luck finding a recipe for it though.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I have actually decided the 6 tastes nicer but I notice no noticeable difference in "kick" Obviously it really is mostly mental rather than physical addiction.

I got my first 6 yesterday and yes, it does taste and feel nicer. I've got 30ml of 12 to get through before I make the switch though :smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm really interested in this. Having now got a nature vape coil sitting in my kanger emow tank I can change mw wicks with the need for replacing the entire head. Any day day now I'll start building my own coils too (although I am a bit daunted by the prospect). So making my own juice, wicks and coils would leave me pretty damn free of any of the local vape shops.

The biggest challenge will be finding a flavour I really like. I love one called 'red fairy' that one of my local vape shops knocks up. I've tried a LOT of flavours and it's the best by far. I'm having no luck finding a recipe for it though.
Can you determine the base flavours in the red fairy? I have a favorite blend called Red Astaire. Menthol, eucalyptus, black grape and berry. It's very overpowering on its own, so I mix it 5% red Astaire and 10% menthol. Perhaps it's similar?

My nephew introduced me to a cereal blend that tastes like crunchy nut cornflakes... Great through the dripper.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Can you determine the base flavours in the red fairy? I have a favorite blend called Red Astaire. Menthol, eucalyptus, black grape and berry. It's very overpowering on its own, so I mix it 5% red Astaire and 10% menthol. Perhaps it's similar?

My nephew introduced me to a cereal blend that tastes like crunchy nut cornflakes... Great through the dripper.

That sounds EXACTLY like red fairy! Where did you get it from? Is this one of the liquids you mix your self? This is rather exciting news!

I had cinnamon rolls liquid once. It was exactly like eating pastry, very odd.

Cubist

Still wavin'
That sounds EXACTLY like red fairy! Where did you get it from? Is this one of the liquids you mix your self? This is rather exciting news!

I had cinnamon rolls liquid once. It was exactly like eating pastry, very odd.
T juice. It's available premixed, or as flavours alone.
http://www.t-juice.com/shop/red-astaire/

I buy it as flavour concentrate.

PM me your address and I'll send you a sample. Currently got a batch of 65% vg, 35% PG 5% nicotine on the go. Flavoring is 10% menthol, 5% Red Astaire. It's my tried and tested favorite.

Last edited:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
T juice. It's available premixed, or as flavours alone.
http://www.t-juice.com/shop/red-astaire/

I buy it as flavour concentrate.

PM me your address and I'll send you a sample. Currently got a batch of 65% vg, 35% PG 5% nicotine on the go. Flavoring is 10% menthol, 5% Red Astaire. It's my tried and tested favorite.

That sounds marvellous! I've not tried anything other than 50/50 I don't think. I'll pm you.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Has anyone got the kangertech sub tank mini? I've been using the emow on my 40watt eleaf mod but want to upgrade. The emow uses the same tiny coils as the pen vapes and I want more!
I've had a mini, and its larger brother, the sub tank. I actually preferred the mini, running on 0.5 ohm coils. I would recommend it out of hand.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well I just picked up the Kanger subtank mini. Nooo idea about this thing yet. I'm using the stock (non-sub) coil that came with it and it seems a bit weak. It could be the HUGE drip tip it came with, it's like wrapping your gob round the exhaust pipe of a london bus!

Cubist

Still wavin'
If you are using the 1.6ohm coils, you need to crank up the power to fire it up. IIRC you'll need at least 10-15watts to get it going, more as you get accustomed to it... :hyper: . And remember, you need to get loads of air over the coil as it fires, so direct inhale is the answer.

Top Bottom